World Cup 2014

JT!

Surprised there isn't a thread yet.

Luckily I only work through the England match today, the rest of the England and USA games I can actually watch providing my proxy/vpn holds up!

The Spain / Netherlands match was hilarious. It did make me realize how prevalent rolling around on the floor grabbing your shin is.

I managed to watch the last few mins of the England game at work on the TV's. Unfortunately I have a co worker who was asking stupid questions like "Why is the referee so bad?" and "Why do they keep missing the goal by like 20 feet?" and "It's gone past 95 mins why is the game still going?" And then at one point he started arguing with me that a free kick wasn't a free kick because it isn't within the penalty box.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you catch the USA vs. Portugal game last night JT? Shit was hectic. That USA equaliser was out of hand, and then when Dempsey dicked the ball in for the 2nd goal I thought they had it sewn up. Cue some mug letting go of the ball needlessly and Ronaldo producing an incredible cross with the second-to-last kick of the game...

Algeria vs. Iran was possibly one of the worst games I've seen since my flatmate used to drag me to watch Liverpool play during their "Let's draw every f**king game" season a few years ago, but luckily there have been plenty of amazing games to make up for it.

• Like 1

gotta love Uruguay laying into everyone who isn't Suarez in defence. Also his excuse is - meh these things happen in football sometimes. Yeah, to you, you racist, biting, cheating b*****d.

LIFE BAN FROM ENGLISH FOOTBALL / ENGLAND

• Like 2

Qbgfk.jpg

I missed that game as it happens. Glad though, those lying c**ts can eat each and every one of the dicks. The shitshow they've been putting on since Suarez got banned has been incredible, e.g. his gran saying Fifa treated Suarez like a dog. When dogs bite people they get put down so he's getting off pretty lightly on dog standards.

Anyway, at least none of the Columbian team are going to get executed tonight...

EDIT: f**k me, just checked out the highlights. James Rodriguez (yes, I'm mentally pronouncing that the English 'James', not that 'Ham-ez' shit) first goal: my my.

Sorry for the spoiler if you were planning on watching it.

You're point about dogs is close to a point I made in the pub earlier. I threatened to bite another guys nose because he was 'pissing me off', and it was only when he talked about calling the cops that I made my point - how is he only getting 4 months for doing more than threatening a bite?

No joke! That game was so good. I was going to watch the first 15-30mins to see if it was as bad as some of the other Last 16 games have been, but ended up watching the whole thing.

Still amazed the linesman called that American guy offside (when he scuffed the shot like a spaz anyway) - imagine the shitstorm if he'd actually scored but it had been disallowed...

Did you catch the USA vs. Portugal game last night JT? Shit was hectic. That USA equaliser was out of hand, and then when Dempsey dicked the ball in for the 2nd goal I thought they had it sewn up. Cue some mug letting go of the ball needlessly and Ronaldo producing an incredible cross with the second-to-last kick of the game...

I did! But it was easy watching knowing that the usa was pretty much going through regardless.

Belgium - USA extra time is a rollercoaster to say the least!

I had to stop watching at 80 mins. Still yet to watch the last 10 mins and ET. Will report back when I have. I do know the result though, big shame.

Oh and that f**king keeper. I kept saying all the way through to Staci how is this guy saving all these potential goals, it was crazy.

Edited by JT!