Martin Direske - MarinoBikes Promo

Martin Direske

I'll just quote my own vimeo-qoute for better understanding lol :)

"Being given the opportunity to enter the MarinoBikes-Team as one of the german riders in charge of representing the brand, I appreciate my new custom framekit quite a lot. It suits my needs just as much as one would expect a 100% custom bike to do.. A lot of people watching our videos loved especially the first night edit we did 2 years ago. Keep that in mind and consider the fact that spring has finally taken over in germany, then you might understand that we finally felt the urge to do another night edit! The clips were taken in Düsseldorf just as well as in Cologne – a glorious constellation."

Have fun!

• Like 9

Thank you :)

Drivetrain is: 170mm Middleburn ISIS + 22T, Gigapipe BB, 18T Echo TR Freewheel on rear hub (DMR Revolver)--> 108 EPs, Heatsink tensioner+Kolchain.

It's perfectly fine to me to run 22:18 on a rather street orientated bike as I enjoy doing a lot of trials on it as well. Plus you can easily get 108 EPs with this gearing (which makes it even more usable for trialsy stuff).

<Place hate for doing trials on a 24" with saddle here> :P

Edited by Martin Direske

Whatever geo you've chosen, it seems to be spot on for you. That's the most comfortable you've looked on any frame I've seen you ride. :)

Nice work!

Really appreciate you liking it Ross :)

Nahh, it's not thaaat special. It's just a modified Element-geo.

The only real special thing are the 375mm chainstays... I do enjoy that quite a lot and it plays towards my trialsy riding :)

Other than that a +30BB and 1020mm wheelbase do the trick :)

It's also the first time ever I actually enjoy using a disc in the back... I just found the perfect setup for the saint for my liking and I even decided to prefer it over the Vee atm.

I might go back to Vees sometime, but for now it's just great how it works out the way it is :)

Thank you all for your nice comments - that's what supports one the most :)

Edited by Martin Direske