Saint m810 on Avid adapters

Christiaan

Doesn`t seem to fit perfect. Caliper should drop a mm or two for the disk to have full contact with the pads. Of course I've removed all the avid washers, so that`s not the problem. Can I fix this using shimano adapters? I use avid 180mm rotors but I guess that`s fine?

Adapters are +20. It looks to me the rotor doesn't go all the way in the caliper and it could drop an extra 1 or 2mm to sit perfect. Strangely the front is much beter. Also the rear pads rock in the caliper which annoys me. Ordered some new pads which hopefully fix the problem.

0E8E6E27-45C8-4B18-922A-6CFCED67CA24-314

I HAD exactly the opposite problem with mine, the rotor hit the top of the calipers and wouldn't go in properly, was fixed with some spacers. Your not running spacers are you?

Also it looks to me that if you were to lower the caliper anymore then you would have the some problem I did and the rotor would hit the top.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a single strip of tape around the middle of the pad retention pin. Hassle to get it to stay there when you slide it back through the caliper/pads, but worth it - reduced a lot of the pad knock for me and didn't adversely effect the feel of the brakes.

• Like 1

I put a single strip of tape around the middle of the pad retention pin. Hassle to get it to stay there when you slide it back through the caliper/pads, but worth it - reduced a lot of the pad knock for me and didn't adversely effect the feel of the brakes.

This