Accuracy of speeding guns

Laurence--Trials

Nope, but make sure you get proof of when the gun was last calibrated as too long and you could argue the reading wasn't accurate to a degree.

That's what my old bosses son was advised, when he was caught speeding, by a copper and he blagged it.

Not a ban at that speed - they released new guidelines a couple of years ago that allow you 10% + 6mph above the limit without getting points on your license as long as you go on a speed awareness course.

EDIT: Just saw that post above mine - good luck ;)

My bad, it's +9mph now according to this.

From a quick Google, if you have actually been caught it seems the points you avoided with the previous speed awareness course would be added to your license because you were caught within 2 years of doing the course.

They're pretty handy for the government though. They stopped government funding for speed cameras, but then allowed 'speed camera partnerships' to make money by running those courses (£21m of income in the 2011-12 tax year) which then pays for more speed cameras. The people who don't want to pay for the courses pay the fine instead, meaning the treasury still have an option to make more money, plus with there being more speed cameras around that are actually operational the chances of getting caught increase.

Woo I should be okay then!!

No :huh: You don't get to to the course every time you're caught, and if you read Mark's post you would have seen that you'll likely get double points because you got caught again...

Just accept you were speeding, I made the mistake of arguing my first lot of points (on good grounds I hasten to add) and ended up with double fine + the points.

My bad, it's +9mph now according to this.

From a quick Google, if you have actually been caught it seems the points you avoided with the previous speed awareness course would be added to your license because you were caught within 2 years of doing the course.

No I mean if They don't take action until 86MPH I should be okay because I was around the 79-82 mark I think

Can you not read? :P

Mark has clearly then said it's 79mph.

• Like 1