Sean watson helmet ...

James281098

I think he said he was working on getting all that certification biz. The reason the Protecs fail is because they don't have a one-piece, solid inner, but Sean's helmets do so they should be fine in that sense.

I was speaking to him yesterday and said that he's still testing them then they will go out for production, I did ask how he made them but he said it's very complex .... And with these bump hats do think that it is possible to put the inside stuff into a more stylish hat? :P

I think he said he was working on getting all that certification biz. The reason the Protecs fail is because they don't have a one-piece, solid inner, but Sean's helmets do so they should be fine in that sense.

How strong are these bump cap things? Like compared to say a tsg evolution helmet? How effective and protective?

How strong are these bump cap things? Like compared to say a tsg evolution helmet? How effective and protective?

Bump caps designed for 'industry' ( I use that word loosely, anyone wearing a bump cap doesn't do a proper job) are ok for stuff falling on your head but don't have chin straps to stop it coming off should you fall over.

With chin straps, I'd rather smash my head on concrete with a bump cap on than no helmet at all, but I'd hazard a guess and say they don't absorb as much energy as a traditional foam lined helmet, potentially leading to brain-bouncing-around-skull injuries.

Bump caps designed for 'industry' ( I use that word loosely, anyone wearing a bump cap doesn't do a proper job) are ok for stuff falling on your head but don't have chin straps to stop it coming off should you fall over.

With chin straps, I'd rather smash my head on concrete with a bump cap on than no helmet at all, but I'd hazard a guess and say they don't absorb as much energy as a traditional foam lined helmet, potentially leading to brain-bouncing-around-skull injuries.

So what materials are used Ina skull cap? And if they had some sort of poly styrene in it, would that make it more absorbant?