dual piston mechanical disc brake

ogre

RST did a mechanical disc brake caliper which operated both pads about 15 years ago :)

I think it was this one, but I'm struggling to find info out and cba to put much effort in :P At the time it was a dead powerful brake but let down by uber heavyness and being a very close cost to hydraulic brakes although it did include a hub in the cost!

disc_brake__10161S.jpg

Adam what's the smallest amount of them you can get? I can definitely see you selling ten or so without too much hassle but if you had say over 50 that'd be a bit of a push?

Unless they're a revolution and are much better than expected, better than avids etc then you'll want loads haha.

Adam what's the smallest amount of them you can get? I can definitely see you selling ten or so without too much hassle but if you had say over 50 that'd be a bit of a push?

Unless they're a revolution and are much better than expected, better than avids etc then you'll want loads haha.

A lesson there from a true retail genius ;):P

• Like 2

It's my opinion, sorry if you don't agree.

He doesn't have to listen to me, just my input.

He was messing jake I'm sure adam knows a fair bit about buying and selling stock by now :P considering he owns probably the most popular trials shop worldwide, and owns another popular scooter shop.

Chill. You're obviously on a comedown or something, because I used not one but TWO smilies to illustrate that I was messing.

But now that you've got your vagina out, you weren't answering his question, you were teaching basic retail (or common sense) to someone with experience in retail, and common sense.

• Like 1

how can a mechanical disc brake have pistons anyway?

That caliper should have twice as much cable pull per given pad movement compared to an avid BB5/7 where only one pad is moving.

Edited by marko

RST did a mechanical disc brake caliper which operated both pads about 15 years ago :)

I think it was this one, but I'm struggling to find info out and cba to put much effort in :P At the time it was a dead powerful brake but let down by uber heavyness and being a very close cost to hydraulic brakes although it did include a hub in the cost!

disc_brake__10161S.jpg

Oh yeah i remember them!! I had one on the front of my old barracuda. They were on or off and spat me over the bars many times!