New bike for the new year - Inspired Arcade

Mark W

Built up a production Arcade brakeless framekit with the Arcade cranks, BB, sprocket/bash combo and bars. Also took the opportunity to put on some new pedals and a fresh chain too. It rides so nicely! Carbon fibre fans will be disappointed to know that there's 5mm less in that stacker tower than there (<- thanks to Dan + Dave) used to be...

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

Thanks to Adam at TartyBikes and all the guys at Inspired!

• Like 4

Don't know how much longer I can go one without one, looks sexy brakeless. All we need now is for you to step out from behind the camera, not seen you in a vid for ages! (apart from that clip on facebook and you look wrong riding with brakes)

• Like 1

Got a viewing in Bristol on Monday, so maybe I'll work out some kind of clips-for-clips deal with Ben :P

Glad people are liking it :) Having had an Arcade in one form or another I thought it might not feel 'awesome new bike'-y, but as soon as I got it built up and saw it for the first time I was really excited to get out and ride it. It did not disappoint.

Built up a production Arcade brakeless framekit with the Arcade cranks, BB, sprocket/bash combo and bars. Also took the opportunity to put on some new pedals and a fresh chain too. It rides so nicely! Carbon fibre fans will be disappointed to know that there's 5mm less in that stacker tower than their used to be...

Naughty boy

Naughty boy

Was there really any need to quote every picture? :P

I'm tired, leave me alone. I also put the back tyre on backwards, and lost something that was right in front of me for 15mins earlier on. I have no idea what's happening.

Every day is like this :( bikecycle looks nice does it sidehop?

You're missing out :P

It does indeed. Did a few in Leicester tonight ;)

Most days aren't like that for me - I blame the ridiculously early start yesterday after an hour of sleep which has had a bit of an "I'm a f**king retard" knock-on effect into today.

Built up a production Arcade brakeless framekit with the Arcade cranks, BB, sprocket/bash combo and bars. Also took the opportunity to put on some new pedals and a fresh chain too. It rides so nicely! Carbon fibre fans will be disappointed to know that there's 5mm less in that stacker tower than there (<- thanks to Dan + Dave) used to be...

IMG_5792.jpg

I'm tired, leave me alone. I also put the back tyre on backwards, and lost something that was right in front of me for 15mins earlier on. I have no idea what's happening.

The brakeless version looks so clean. It's amazing. Almost worth waiting around for F**KING AGES for you after work and having to find items that were right in front of you for you.

It does indeed. Did a few in Leicester tonight ;)

It does. Very nicely indeed if last night was anything to go by.

Think it was only a year or so after that photo that the first Arcade proto landed, so not soooo long. The geo had been 'decided' (pending how the protos rode) before that bike existed though from what I can remember.

Still, it must have been a difficult fight to commit to that geometry change knowing that so many Fourplay owners would have been dead against it.

Slightly off topic though on the issue of headangle geo, I just randomly saw this Corey Martinez 2014 United Pro set-up, and breaking the 74.5 degree mould with this ultra responsive 75.5.

1224-0-full-corey_martinex_pro_black-40.

Edited by Rusevelt
  • Like 1

Still, it must have been a difficult fight to commit to that geometry change knowing that so many Fourplay owners would have been dead against it.

Slightly off topic though on the issue of headangle geo, I just randomly this Corey Martinez 2014 United Pro set-up, and breaking the 74.5 degree mould with this ultra responsive 75.5.

1224-0-full-corey_martinex_pro_black-40.

It wasn't too bad as it's supposed to be a different frame, so sticking with the same geo would have been pointless I guess. It's sort of how the Fourplay has gone a bit anyway - it's just evolution to keep up with what riders are doing.

BMX's are generally 75deg for the most part. There have been a few 75.5 and 76 frames but they're still in the minority. As it happens, Ben's JAF was 75.5 I think. Not sure I could handle that but you never know...