2013 GU winter mode

tmks88

Nice bike, the yellow don't do it for me though.

Did you only change the wheels, not even the tyres? How does it make it "winter mode"?

yeah just the wheels, other set of wheels is waiting for spring

these tyres dont have much tread left but they will last through the winter (i have another pair of tyres with a bit more tread if they dont last through the winter)

this year my winter mode means riding indoors and no comps so the bike can be a bit heavier

edit: I also grinded the rims, ill make a better picture soon

Edited by tmks88

• 3 weeks later...

Nice bike, the yellow don't do it for me though.

Did you only change the wheels, not even the tyres? How does it make it "winter mode"?

I've heard of a few competition riders adding a bit of weight to their bike in the winter months. The reason being, if they practice on a bike that is a kilo or so heavier they gain a bit more strength and technique to be able to throw the bike up things that they would struggle with on their lightweight competition bike. When it comes back around to the comp season their light bike feels really light and easier to ride, and in theory they should be able to go bigger than they can on the heavy bike.