A topic about brakes (Hope, BB7, Saint)

ТrialsRider

I've heard a lot of times few things:

1) Hopes are not so good and pretty overrated.

2) BB7 is awesome and better than hope even on 24, the only problem is not ideal modulation.

So why hope(and other hydraulic brakes) is so popular in street-trials? And why BB7 is so rare to see on street-trials bike if they're so awesome?

Brakes are very much a personal thing. Personally I can't stand hope brakes but that's due to my experiences with them. BB7's are very good in all areas but perhaps lack a little of the finess of some hydraulic systems. I can't comment on New shimano brakes because I haven't tried them but if they're like shimano's of old they'll be really good. The Magura Louise is a very good brake but I felt they were a bit wooden.

Brand new Hopes I've always found are great, but I've never really been that impressed with ones I've bought 2nd hand. As for BB7's,they're fine up front but I had one on the rear of my Fourplay and it was crap to the point where a cheap brake made up of a Shimano lever and Echo caliper was immensely better.

I don't do street trials so I wouldn't be to sure but I'm not sure if bb7's would be to good. I have BB7s on my mod and I think they are unbelievable, but when manualing I used to feather my brake on the bmx, but now when manual my mod if I feather the in drops instantly. But don't get me wrong i love BB7s.