Brake set ups. What do you run?

bing

Shimano Acura or whatever they're called, I just know them by there reg no. BR-M395. Brilliant stopping power from a budget pair of brakes, believe you can get a set £50-80 new. Wouldn't believe it from the quality you get from it, should be a lot more.

post-36524-0-00036700-1401611554_thumb.j

RT66 180 front and back

Avid Juicy 3, bled by me, and after 1 year of hardcore abuse it still works!

Shimano Deore. if you want to have good brakes on your proper bike get them. After tartydays, I did some DH(= went down on a big hill with laaarge speed) and when I pressed the rear brake, the braking power was immense, sticky, especially from a £30 brake

but probably a BB7 will come to the front (when I will have money from the bike, after my PC :()

• Like 1

They ok and not leak? Heard a few horror stories like

everyone's seem to be really spondy

but i run standard maggie 05 (four finger blade) w/racingline piston on back and heatsink yellows in tnn cnc backings, very dead grind and a bit of tar. crazy bike cnc washerless clamps

saint w/saint rotor on the front

Edited by jack dickinson

04 raceline maguras front and back both with racingline alloy pistons, braided crossovers, heatsink yellows in cnc backings on back and cousts in plastic backings on front, echo tr washerless clamps front and back and smooth rims. best setup I've ever had and works amazingly with some tar added :)

Edited by trialsbikingnunn
  • Like 1

Shimano Acura or whatever they're called, I just know them by there reg no. BR-M395. Brilliant stopping power from a budget pair of brakes, believe you can get a set £50-80 new. Wouldn't believe it from the quality you get from it, should be a lot more.

Can vouch for this. Mine were 60 off eBay new, with rotors. Used them on my Kona Cinder Cone, which was my commuter to work, but being a small frame it was fun to trials on! 26" wheels and 160mm rotors front and rear, worked more than well enough to ride trialsy on.

Superb budget brakes for sure, love mine

Can vouch for this. Mine were 60 off eBay new, with rotors. Used them on my Kona Cinder Cone, which was my commuter to work, but being a small frame it was fun to trials on! 26" wheels and 160mm rotors front and rear, worked more than well enough to ride trialsy on.

Superb budget brakes for sure, love mine

i was suprised myself! Especially on a full on trials, I haven't had any issue with stopping power. So easy to bleed too, I got mine for £35 for the pair off eBay. Such a good buy.

04 magura rear. Trialtech sport in heatsink backings. Echo washer less clamps. Water bleed.

Sd7 vee front, deore arms. Cousts. Some random cable.

Both on a year old dead grind which I should fix really, get a lot of pad slippage.

Mainly on the rear, front is always deadly.

Oh well:

Front:

Magura 2004 hs33 Lever.

hs33 slaves.

Cousts with alu backings.

Water Bleed.

No Booster

Rear:

Magura hs11 full brake 4 finger lever blade.

Cousts with alu backings.

Oil Bleed.

Jaf Booster

Edited by valk

04 magura rear. Trialtech sport in heatsink backings. Echo washer less clamps. Water bleed.

Sd7 vee front, deore arms. Cousts. Some random cable.

Both on a year old dead grind which I should fix really, get a lot of pad slippage.

Mainly on the rear, front is always deadly.

Grind that rear rim and you'll spunk your pants