Brake set ups. What do you run?

bing

Na I know what he means, I bent mine out too (not quite that far)

Maguras ain't made for long fingers.

I dunno, the 2011 4 finger levers are quite far out if you wind the grub screw all the way in. I like a long lever reach and very little lever travel. These feel better than an 05 in that respect

Yep, hence the ring finger squeezage.. the poo red pads just dont have the grip for one finger :(

Whats an "ever lasting grind" "neverending grind"? (Ross mcarthers post)

So change the pads and whack a fresh grind on. Get cousts. For £20 you can't go wrong

So change the pads and whack a fresh grind on. Get cousts. For £20 you can't go wrong

Ive just done the rear, the front came with a fresh grind. Im just too cheap to buy new pads when the ones ive got have meat left on them.. theres loads of resistance feel on the lever too, wich doesnt help. Think ill concead this one, get new pads and a water bleed maybe.

I know im kinda thread-jacking... does anyone use silicone oil as break fluid?

04's that I've had have suffered from piston swelling when bled with water, best thing to do is flush the whole system with a solvent cleaner of some sort then do a fresh oil bleed. That's my answer anyway. Even if your pads still have material left on them, it's not worth having shite brakes, it will only impede your progress as a rider. It's only £20.

Edited by bing

I just mean that I never seem to have to grind my rims. One grind lasts ages! I actually find washing my bike with hot water and fairy liquid gets my brakes back working as good as they were again after riding a muddy trial, or a few dirty street sessions. Whereas some might opt for a new grind (possibly because of the build-up of shite on their rims) I just give my bike a good wash and braking performance is back to optimum.

While im here

I laughed even more at that...

20130924_194852_zpsbba34551.jpg
Honestly didnt try but my logic says moving the levers in would be the same as moving my hand over a bit? I cant change the spacing between my fingers so hence the bend, works a treat :)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Stock dual disk.

Hope mono mini handels, custom carbon blade+one stock

Steel braided hose for the rear, nylon front.

Hope mono trial caliper rear and trial zone/M4 front, stock pads and one prototype carbon fiber pad for the front.

Rear rotor Monty 190mm, front 205mm carbon fiber/180mm mono trial.

No Magura problem here :wink2:

• 8 months later...

Bumping an old thread for research and nosiness purposes

04 magura's

racing line cnc pistons, water bled

standard maggie clamps with plastic washers,

cousts on rear

heatsink yellows on the front

Firm as hell. Such a nice solid feel, loads of bite and hold

Front Trial Zone

Jitsie pads

200m Mono trial rotor

Rear Echo SL CNC lever body with maggie 4 finger blade

Racing Line piston

Heatsink Yellows

TNN clamp/booster combo

Front brake is immense, modulation if you need or full on brick wall stopping power and my bleeds are crap!

Rear brake is too powerful, combination of that lever and body means the frame flexes no matter what. Running yellows as my last grind destroyed my Trialtech pads which are by far my favourite pads ever with yellows closely behind.

Front Trial Zone

Jitsie pads

200m Mono trial rotor

Rear Echo SL CNC lever body with maggie 4 finger blade

Racing Line piston

Heatsink Yellows

TNN clamp/booster combo

Front brake is immense, modulation if you need or full on brick wall stopping power and my bleeds are crap!

Rear brake is too powerful, combination of that lever and body means the frame flexes no matter what. Running yellows as my last grind destroyed my Trialtech pads which are by far my favourite pads ever with yellows closely behind.

Is this setup on that new rockman frame? How are you finding it?

Magura MT4s front and rear, 180mm Magura storm SL rotors, Magura performance pads.

Despite many negative reviews online, these perform pretty well once you have achieved a good bleed, which is fairly difficult sadly. Overall, nice hold and modulation.