Alternatives to arguing with the public...

ben_travis

I think a lot of the older generation either don't understand what or how important having a fun active hobby is or they are jealous and bitter that they never got the chance when they was younger.

I think the media portrays most of the younger generation as yobs too and that probably plays on peoples minds.

I am quite argumentative when someone winds me up so they usually leave before I do and I will usually ask them what they enjoy to do or what hobbies they have when I get confronted of being too old to ride kids bikes with no seats.

You think this is bad? You want to hear some of the stuff my Father in law comes out with. Makes life worse that I live on his farm so I'm constantly barraged with being told I'm too old for jumping about on bikes, I'm gonna hurt myself, I should know better, I'm wasting my time, why don't I do something constructive with my time, what happens when I fall and bang my head/break my neck/break my back, etc.