My Limey 3 26" build thread

bing

So I've already got rid of the zoot, swapped it for this from a mate of mine. Well happy with it. Spec is: Limey 3 26" frame

Don't know what forks, think they are old echo hifi's

Trialtech cranks with echo sl 108 ffw

Kmc 910 chain

Trialtech rear hub on trialtech rim

Old school echo disk hub on trialtech rim

Bb5 on Aztec rotor

Rockman stem with trialtech bars

04 maggie, heatsink Cnc yellows

Michelin wild gripper rear 2.5 tyr

Panaracer cedric gracia 2.1 front tyre

It rides amazingly well. Very very steady on the rear wheel, other than a set of pedals, it doesn't need anything doing to it. Well happy :)

null_zpsc10c60ae.jpg

Edited by bing

Bargain! Have you weighed it yet Dan?

No mate not yet, am gonna do it when ive got it all sorted, just need to do a few tweaks to get it how I like it. I popped the back brake on Monday afternoon, so I'm waiting on a new magura coming

Made a few changes, got rid of all the red bits, because I hate red bits, and replaced them with silver and black, apart form the spangly green echo lever blade

null_zps4e06c82e.jpg

I think it looks loads better now.

null_zps7abe0c2a.jpg

I had to replace the trialtech cranks temporarily to the onza zoot ones I have to sort the clearance issues, which is an issue on these frames when you run a 47mm rim

null_zpsb184aa7b.jpg

The fix is gonna be some echo sl slaves, which are narrower and the narrowest pads I can get hold of, which appear to be trialtech sports. A few comp riders I know use them so they should perform just fine

All up weight is 9.6 kgs, the rear tyre weighs an absolute ton, but by god its grippy and quite bouncy. But that's for later on, the next upgrade is a front hydraulic disk brake, I have a hope mono trial to go on, and the adaptor to take a 180mm disk

Dan

Got a few more little changes, got a tyre and tube deal from the tarty boys at the weekend, so they have gone on, knocking 1kg off the weight in one go!! The rear tyre was 1300g on its own, then it had a DH tube in it as well. Coupled with changing that and the front I have the weight loss.

post-29242-0-34517500-1375214908_thumb.j

I have also upgraded to real cousts and echo washer less clamps courtesy of Ben from trials addict, who did me an amazing deal

post-29242-0-77679100-1375214969_thumb.j

I also have a little more clearance now, thanks to spacing the bb correctly and a little grinding of the cranks, the trialtechs flex a lot less under load compared to the onza zoot cranks, and are a fair bit lighter.

post-29242-0-83318000-1375215082_thumb.j

I have also cured the creaking from the front end, this was done by sanding the steerer tube and cleaning the inside of the stem clamp, sanding all the paint from the bar clamp, and also installing the crown race with bearing fit, so it can't move about. All its waiting for now is a set of brake pads for the bb5, after I wrecked them at the weekend. I'm quite liking messing and improving this steed, for some strange reason I'm getting satisfaction out of improving it, more so than any other bike I've had. It rides so nice, I love the way it sits on the back wheel, and also how I instantly feel comfortable when riding it, more so than my old mod. I can already feel some progression, after just a couple of weeks :)

• 1 month later...

Got a little update

post-29242-0-81271700-1379785340_thumb.j

post-29242-0-59561900-1379785372_thumb.j

post-29242-0-95079500-1379785401_thumb.j

Bought a shimano deore 2012 disk brake, and an Aztec rotor for less than £60. Braking nirvana is now restored. Had a few problems with my rear mag, so I shelled out for a new set of 2011 hs11's, and the problem is sorted. Got 4 finger levers as well which is a bonus. All for £90 brand spanking new

• Like 1

Best looking 26" frame ever IMO and this is one of the nicest I've seen.

Cheers dude. It's getting a set of neon disk forks and a 150x30 neon stem over the weekend. Should shave quite a few grams off, these echo hifi's are heavy as f**k. I'll get a fresh arty picture up when it's all changed over

That bike Is so nice and really tempts me to build my one up again with a new bar and stem combo. :dance:

Cheers pal, glad a few people think so. It rides amazing. It's got a rockman 150x30 stem with trialtech low rise bars on. Just the right height and reach for me. Sits on the back wheel really nicely

Edited by bing