Hope pads: Pro vs Standard

cardenas_26trials

My pro pads went to shit when there was any moisture around. Lacked hold and made a horrible noise. Numerous other people found this too (there is a topic somewhere, have a search). Put standard pads back on and all was fine again.

Spanner -> works: My Pro pads are better in the wet and dry, no squealing.

I live in Scotland where it is pretty much constantly 'moist' and I never had an issue with the Pro pads.

Edit: Perhaps people have issues bedding them in...

Edited by AndrewEH1

Mines are pro and they do brake really well on the dry and wet, but yes they sound really weird sometimes and they left some semi-red marks on the rotor... this has happened in two different set of pads and discs, so will try the standards! a friend has them and they feel amazing.thanks for the replies so far!

I live in Scotland where it is pretty much constantly 'moist' and I never had an issue with the Pro pads.

Edit: Perhaps people have issues bedding them in...

How would you recognize a properly bedded in brake? thanks :)

Edited by cardenas_26trials

From the rust on the rotor, bolts and spokes and oxidisation on the frame(I think?) I assume this bike is kept outside or often exposed to wet conditions and could just be rust on the braking surface / mud on the pads?

In that case the front rotor should be in similar conditions, which is not :/ also, I live in a place where humidity is really high (I leave my bike on my room every night and you can see how it is). I believe it has something to do with the pads, just want to make sure it's that. Those marks appear after dragging the brake with some water on the disc.