Pedal ups

fbmbmx

Well just been out on the new bike for half hour and i'm finding pedal to ups very hard. I can side hop higher and easier than pedal ups. It just feels like i have no power and when trying to just hop up without pedaling (like i used to on my mod six years ago) i just end up going over the front end. Some help would be great. On the plus side It felt great to ride again.

Thanks

could have to do with the gearing,like in my case,could be other factors,too.

i changed from 22:16 to 22:17,and its a bit more difficult to put the power down when doing rolling pedal ups.

its about to kick that last bit of turn before you take off a bit harder and shorter i think.

thats how it feels for me

Ok, what is the "normal" size for stock cranks?

170?

Edited by FamilyBiker

You could always try using 170mm cranks, less leverage=harder pedaling.

But you're best off just practicing it

I would say the problem is the speed, not how easy/hard the pedaling feels. Btw for pedalups you should go slow and gain most of the speed from the last quarter stroke, it´s like you are trying to loop out.

Here slow mo vid of me doing pedal up at 0:26, I would say it´s easy to see where I put the most power down ;)

Edited by ghostrider88

The more power you put down the easier it is, when I first started I did it slow and pulled with my arms more than anything. A guy I was with told me to kick/pedal harder and I instantly gained like 5 inches which was a lot considering I could only do like 20 at the time :P