Hans Rey's new GT proto

Ben Cox

Joe public sees a suspension fork and thinks it's a normal MTB, maybe not so much with the new trials frame but that's been the general idea behind all of Hans' old trials bikes.

...to make a show out of your skills you have to be able to ride in a way people can relate to it. That's one of the things I always insisted on: I want to use a regular mountain bike because people can relate to it...I said I'm gonna ride a suspension fork even though it's not maybe the greatest thing for trials, because I want my bike to look like a modern mountain bike and not like something weird.

That's a problem for trials now...the 20 inch bikes they're using look so exotic it takes a lot away from it.

Look at Danny's (Mac) success. It's all based on the trials background, but people can relate to it. Because he uses a standard bike that looks a little bit more like a mountain bike than something a serial world champion like Kenny Baeley would ride. He gets more recognition than Kenny...and the most hardcore BMXers because even though he does a lot of BMX tricks people can relate to his bike more.

Sorry but that is f**king retarded....

If you are going to put sus forks on a trials bike it better have a seat a BB below +20...

Don't think you can judge the most famous mountain biker to have ever lived, especially when you look at all he has done not only for trials but generally throughout his life.

He knows the score.

Don't think you can judge the most famous mountain biker to have ever lived, especially when you look at all he has done not only for trials but generally throughout his life.

He knows the score.

Hey, I have nothing but respect for Hans Rey!

But that bike looks like a complete pig, you can't deny that?

maybe his wrists can't hack moves to front like they used to? although it would have made more sense to make a pure geo frame with a saddle if it was for public appeal... and release a seatless/seat version with the same geo...