Drilling. Aftermath.

clerictgm

There is a precedent for the lefty fork (Cannondale) and the single side swingarm (Ducati, Honda NC30,RC30 ect.) from which I guessing inspiration was taken, yes.

But never in trials, possibly for good reason, mabye not.

I'd love a go on though, I think it looks the muts nuts.

Thinking the frame may have been built like that though, not butchered, not sure.

BTW is it yours? or an internet find?

EDIT: Balls, adam sniped me.

EDIT 2: That's a one off hub too surely. That's cool in itself. or to me at least.

Adam, you've got a lathe and nohow, get it copied. :giggle:

Edited by CC12345678910

Its an interesting idea with some merit but surely the lateral forces will rip it to bits. Think about big gaps where you preload and land sideways. Even though the hub is beefy. I imagine it will twist to much to be any good for serious riding. Or the stays will be so hefty that they weigh more than a standard set of tubing on a regular frame... I love the look of it and respect the effort that has gone in to it too . I'd love to be proven wrong though

no no fella. your thinking of when a fork has no bridge piece.

Pretty sure this one would flex for and back like any other, maybe kinda diagonal as well, depending on what you were doing.

Thinking the rear end should have been a box section like the RC30 though. I'm going googling now, be back in a bit.

EDIT: Like this. See how thick it has to be to make up for the S/Side swingarm. It should also be noted that honda design this to enable the wheel to be changed quicker since the chain tension stays the same and the disc is in the same place. the swingarm also weighs about the same as a conventional set-up

RC30termignoniexhaust.JPG

Expand this to biketrials and it means that dropgap puncture is effortless to fix, one retaining nut, that's it.

The chain and brake will be the same as before and the disc is now inboard so out of harms way. Right footers like me could do carefree sidehops.

Mock all you want but i'm a convert, I think it's genius.

Plus as a side note, you'd be able to pick out of any line up you liked.

Edited by CC12345678910

Expand this to biketrials and it means that dropgap puncture is effortless to fix, one retaining nut, that's it.

The chain and brake will be the same as before and the disc is now inboard so out of harms way. Right footers like me could do carefree sidehops.

Mock all you want but i'm a convert, I think it's genius.

you wouldnt want quicker puncture replacement in a section.... think of the amount of dabs youll make :lol:

motorsport is differnt because there being timed in a race so you need quick tyre changes for that, its pretty pointless for trials IMO

Edited by stunt man t

You wouldn't need to undo any bolts to change a tyre or tubeona push bike with single sided swingarm/fork.

I'm all for experimenting, but I feel there is a line where ideas should just stay on paper, I think this bike is creating more problems than it fixes. However it does look well done, I think it still looks a bit too light weight to last though.

• Like 2