Fubared laptop screen

Duncy H

I searched for the pc tech thread but couldn't find it due to reasons to be explained.

Basically my screen has gone a but funky, i did manage to get ot back to normal when i pressed down on it for a bit from the top but now it's constantly like this....

gdfgdfgdf_zps3db32cf6.jpg

Anybody any idea what's causing it?

Unfortunately a screenshot will only show what the 'pooter thinks it's displaying rather than what you may see due to fecked hardware, so that image looks pretty normal for us :P

If it seems to be a permanent shift then you may have killed/damaged the LCD panel though? Often pretty cheapish/easy to replace which is nice - what laptop is it?

It'll probably be cheaper just to buy a new laptop, and us the old laptop hooked up to a monitor and a spear computer?

I would like to attempt to spear my computer sometime, always something I have wanted to do.

It's been like it a few days, I might just wait til I go to uni and treat myself to a new laptop then and in the meantime end up looking like this...

a4bc90883dfa44148d63248e6b4a3715_7.jpg