The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I was approached a couple of weeks ago by the head of RN recruiting who asked if I could help with a university-based project they'd been planning. As a result they asked me to head up to Nottingham the week after next (conveniently after Curborough trip) which should be an awesome apportunity to get my foot in another door for use down the line.

Pretty stoked about it all until I got another email yesterday asking if I can do another few weeks for them, expenses paid etc as they want me on side for a few other bits.

In semi-related news: Anyone in Edinburgh fancy a drink in late March? :P

• Like 1

Agree with Dman, no-one really cares. Seem to remember you not being particularly new to it either, so I highly doubt you'll be one to go all-out and embarrass yourself like many 'lads' no doubt would do :P

I reckon 2/3 days would be bang on really, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy it and more than likely be left wanting to go back sometime - I went for a week but spent 3 days working there at an advertising agency, so probably had 2 days of exploring and stuff - feel like i've scratched the surface but seen and done enought to be satisfied for now if that makes sense?

Also, check out the Stedelijk museum if you're even remotely into art and design, was a really worthwhile visit for me. It's in the museum quarter so super easy to find, but not necessarily one of the usual go-to's like the Van Gogh or Reijks. Foam photography gallery was ace too.

Cheers matey :) Put the Stedelijk museum down on the list, definitely something I'd like to see during the stay. Certain strains make me appreciate everything around me 10x more than I usually would so this is going to be an absolute blast. Actually, the whole stay should be. Haven't been this excited about a short holiday for years.

On a different note, trying to re-ignite my passion for Lego Technic. Used to spend a lot of time on this when I was a kid, building my own models and whatnot. The new system (admittedly superior) is far more difficult though and I'm finding it very challenging to come up with my own design.

but gives a lot more possibilities. Hoping to get the hang of it soon.

On a different note, trying to re-ignite my passion for Lego Technic. Used to spend a lot of time on this when I was a kid, building my own models and whatnot. The new system (admittedly superior) is far more difficult though and I'm finding it very challenging to come up with my own design.

42 litre box full of the old stuff (from the early - mid 90's) under my bed :D

I have a 5 year old stepson that is itching to get at it, he can cope with his normal lego for the mean time!

42 litre box full of the old stuff (from the early - mid 90's) under my bed :D

I have a 5 year old stepson that is itching to get at it, he can cope with his normal lego for the mean time!

Funny you should say that, I recently spent almost 2 days washing and segregating Lego from the early 90's after watching an old family video of me playing with the stuff :D

Managed to assemble this, unfortunately missing the windscreen for the truck :(

5590-1.1167360626.thumb2.jpg

It's so nice to see it again :)

• Like 2

Cheers matey :) Put the Stedelijk museum down on the list, definitely something I'd like to see during the stay. Certain strains make me appreciate everything around me 10x more than I usually would so this is going to be an absolute blast. Actually, the whole stay should be. Haven't been this excited about a short holiday for years.

No worries! It's nuts, coffee shops have full on menus and the guys serving are usually pretty clued up, you can tailor it towards whatever you're after really. Amazing what a legalised, non-judgemental culture creates.

Also, Lego/ Technics f'kin rule!

• Like 1

I was approached a couple of weeks ago by the head of RN recruiting who asked if I could help with a university-based project they'd been planning. As a result they asked me to head up to Nottingham the week after next (conveniently after Curborough trip) which should be an awesome apportunity to get my foot in another door for use down the line.

Pretty stoked about it all until I got another email yesterday asking if I can do another few weeks for them, expenses paid etc as they want me on side for a few other bits.

In semi-related news: Anyone in Edinburgh fancy a drink in late March? :P

Why are you excited about Nottingham? :P Bring bike for a pines ride!

• Like 1

You know what you need?

A RIDE WITH MEEEEEEEE. I recall that Leeds ride just us two had being one of the most awesome rides last Summer :) in terms of what we did

Sounds like a date to me... What did you two get up to together on this ride? Who rode who first?

Impressive ride today at Sabadell bikepark with Aurelien Fontenoy, what a rider! Next level

He might not be the world champion, but he is deffo the most stylish out of the lot of them. And he's one of the only riders that actually looks like he's enjoying it

• Like 1

My bday yesterday, nice steady day out swimming with the kids in the afternoon followed by a curry for tea and some of my birthday pavlova which was f**king amazing. Also got a nice small selection of bits topped off by my Wahl balding hair clippers which are awesome but slightly scary!

• Like 1