The Happy Thread

Duncy H

i ordered some shoes last week and i accidentally ordered kids shoes (i'm not retarded i just presumed size 12 was an adult size) i called route one and they've sorted me the grown up size ones with 40% off. get in.

Considering their opinion on homosexuality that could be the way to win it. Could you imagine the look on an Islamic extremists face if you stuck your thumb up his bum?? :w00t:

my dad wondered into my room earlier and forced me to do just that :P

Ah the joys of the multiquote function :dance:

• Like 4

I love cats, I really do.

That thing does not look like a cat. It looks terrifying. And not in a good way, not like a badass animal, I mean terrifying like you'd imagine someone would look if they survived being run over by a train.

*and left to rot away for two months then reanimated.

You don't have to clean fur up, but you do need to bath them two or three times a month, wipe them down the with baby wipe every couple of days, keep the sharp of their claws trimmed incredibly short, wash their ears out weekly, wipe poo off their tails etc etc etc.

They are a lot more upkeep than a normal cat because they don't clean themselves as such, their skin gives off an oil which cleans them, but also leaves yellow marks everywhere if you don't wash it off. So they basically rely on you to do all their grooming.

A kitten from a reputable breeder, with TICA approved health checks, certificated purebred status and registration documents, both vaccinations, microchip, registration, no bollocks and all that will set you back between £1000 and £2000.

Your mates girlfriends mum down the road who's had a litter of healthy kittens and has advertised them on Guntree/the local paper will be anywhere from £300-£700.

They are a normal cat yes, but you can't buy one thinking it is going to be the same level of responsibility as a plain old cat. Nothing wrong with normal cats, they're awesome. But my parents have had Persian cats for the last 14 years, and one of these already seems like more

upkeep and hassle.

I've had to buy myself the specific food, the appropriate moisturiser, baby shampoo, baby wipes, an anti static mitten to get all the fluff and shit off the floor off it, special nail clippers, ear spray, a heat mat for its bed, more toys and cat paraphernalia than normal because it can't go outside, jumpers for it (which you have to have) blah blah blah.

Tried a new route to work today which should have been less conjested. Mother of f**ks it was, set off 15 mins later than normal by accident and i've got to work 15 minutes earlier which is awesome!

Bad news is that i'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner as I probably would have saved so much more money! f**k da traffic mannnnnnnn

• Like 1

Your mates girlfriends mum down the road who's had a litter of healthy kittens and has advertised them on Guntree/the local paper will be anywhere from £300-£700.

I got my cat from the local cat sanctuary as an 8wk old kitten for free on the basis that I give a £30 donation to the upkeep of the sanctuary. And that cleans its own ass......

• Like 9

I got my cat from the local cat sanctuary as an 8wk old kitten for free on the basis that I give a £30 donation to the upkeep of the sanctuary. And that cleans its own ass......

I would have lived a rescue kitten, but trying to find a Sphynx as a rescue is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

I'm not sure that the self satisfaction of re-homing a rescue kitten would last as long as falling for exactly the breed you want as a kitten and having it with you for all it's life.

I felt as though I SHOULD have got a rescue kitten and rehomed it, but also felt like I wouldn't be as into it as I will be Spartacus.

It was a serious juggle between rehomimg or not though.

I'm not saying you should have rehomed a kitten as like you say you wanted a specific rare breed, more the fact people who splash out a fortune on a normal cat to line someones pockets when they could save one in care need a slap.

EDIT: Snaked

• Like 1