The Happy Thread

Duncy H

On 5/27/2024 at 3:21 AM, Revolver said:

I am here because I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wIOBBodoic) and it reminded me of TF lol

Just over 30 years since Selected Ambient Works Vol II came out! Got it on dual CD. May have bought it twice cost I trashed the first CD set.

No idea why that video reminded you of this place though, but I'm not oldschool trials.

Edited by marg26

Managed to finish my 200 mile loop around York on Saturday and still feeling chuffed about it, more of an exercise in planning and strategy than fitness. 

I always feel like Strava's moving time is a bit too generous, took me 19 hours which worked with my strategy of avoiding cramps and not fully exposing my lack of fitness for this. Also happy I managed it on a Decathlon bike I bought 10 years ago for £200, nice to have pulled it off on ol' reliable. 

• Like 5

My wife and kids were driving home from visiting family when their car wouldn't start or take a jump 4 hours from home.  A friend of ours drove to where they're at, started pulling fuses and checking voltages and was able to get the car started for them.  I was getting ready to rent a caul hauler trailer and make a post in the angry thread.

• Like 1