The Angry Thread.

Blake

In a crazy way I feel it's only going to strengthen his support and makes it almost certain he'll get back in. With the Democrats f**king about with grandad, Trump shrugging off an assassination attempt is about the best thing that could've happened to his campaign.

This is why you aim for centre mass, people. Centre. Mass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been frustrated by some of the responses from the left turning this about them and playing the victims.

feel how you want about Trump but I dunno…not everything needs to be about you. It’s quite alright to just say this was a nasty thing to happen and not lean your agendas into it.

• Like 1

Smart move, I think Harris will pull in a bunch of fence sitters and non-voters. She gets my vote.

• Haha 1

WTF! Women's Olympic mountain bike course 2024. Rachel Atherton would cruise through this zero technical course blindfolded

14:00 glimpse of one crash on the technical decent part. Livefeed is being cut over this section. Crash itself didn't look that bad but I'm guessing the organizers don't want to risk complications if the rider suffered more than just bruising

Edited by Rusevelt

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

I just don't get with all these pockets of mass protest marches and rioting across the UK..

I think people are just angry, the working class especially so. It’s been years of budgets getting tighter, money going less distance and there’s generally a bleak mindset for the future.

That combined with rich politicians seemingly mocking them has turned the anger up higher…it’s been a pressure cooker and didn’t need much to make it explode.

The recent knife attacks (not just the girls), Manchester airport fight and the seemingly unfair use of benefits on immigrants was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Sadly rioting is the only way they think they can be heard, even sadder is the racists taking advantage to steer the mobs towards mosques and Asian businesses.

I don’t feel the majority of the rioters are really “far right” as the media say (though I’m sure some of them are), I think these are just your average working class folk who feel like they’re being ignored and forgotten about.

Im concerned about the ripple effect of this, making racial tensions higher, giving the government more power to make strict laws etc but I’m also concerned by how the media are using specific wording with these events…I’m genuinely thinking that there is an overall plan to divide the country and make a “us vs then” narrative. It feels like we’re in a civil war but we just don’t know it yet.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MadManMike said:

I'd say the majority of the UK isn't actually that invested in the topic anyway, the rioting is only a few thousand people out of a population of millions and as soon as the counter protestors came out they all disappeared.

And I have to be honest, you've typed out several walls of text that are just too long for me to sit and read - I'm not interested in the topic enough to spend the time reading it, nothing personal against you.

For deeply personal reasons I'd rather not get into... I take these kinds of incidents very personally. For the sake of the family and friends of those who can't be bothered, I hope you're right. Condolences to the victims and family members of the Leicester Square incident today, and the families who have to relive their pain just days after the funerals of the children from Southport.

In the interest of transparancy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a small and petty thing in the grand scheme of things, but: Google changing stuff. Whatsapp backups used not to count towards gdrive storage and since sometime this year it does.. Gave me a hell of a time swapping phones recently and now it's full again (because the whatsapp backup obviously is getting larger).

Feels like they really are shoving a subscription down your throat. 😐