Whats The Crack ? ...

mrskechy

just because you're called mr skechy, doesn't give you the right to rape our language.....also its sketchy*

anyway, tyre* tyre* tyre* can't* i was too tyred :dance: to check again for more.

just ride your bike, you'll save naff all weight, its too much effort and you'll lose alot of grip, which isn't ideal at this time of year!

just because you're called mr skechy, doesn't give you the right to rape our language.....also its sketchy*

anyway, tyre* tyre* tyre* can't* i was too tyred :dance: to check again for more.

just ride your bike, you'll save naff all weight, its too much effort and you'll lose alot of grip, which isn't ideal at this time of year!

Seeing as you can't master capital letters and full stops, do you really feel you can talk about writing correctly?

Also, cutting knobbles saves a lot of weight, and increases grip on the edges of things, and takes virtually no effort. It's by far the fastest and easiest weight saving technique I ever found.

• Like 1

I used some wire cutters. I didn't feel safe with a stanley knife and they seemed to work better.

I have a wicked scar on my thumb from using a stanley knife to trim the knobbles on a Tioga Factory 2.3 when I was about 16 (to get them to fit my DDG Shooter frame, this was long before weight saving was even a thing). Used wire cutters for the rest of the tyre, they get my vote!

Also, the topic title could have been a bit more descriptive (Y)

Stanley knives are perfectly safe. Cut away from you not towards you, and make sure it's damn sharp. Blunt knives are dangerous, the harder you have to push the more likely you are to slip. Seems stupid but sharper knives are safer when being used properly.

• Like 6

Just because you're called mr skechy, doesn't give you the right to rape our language.....also it's sketchy*.

Anyway, tyre* tyre* tyre* can't* I was too tyred :dance: to check again for more.

Just ride your bike, you'll save naff all weight. It's too much effort and you'll lose a lot of grip, which isn't ideal at this time of year!

I stand corrected, although where did I miss a full stop?

Bloody youth of today, I dunno.

• Like 4

I'm pretty new to this so was wondering what advantages cutting certain knobs of your tyre gives you, apart from weight saving? Is it a big saving in weight? And would it not effect the amount of grip you have? Which knobs do you cut off?

• Like 1

I'm pretty new to this so was wondering what advantages cutting certain knobs of your tyre gives you, apart from weight saving? Is it a big saving in weight? And would it not effect the amount of grip you have? Which knobs do you cut off?

Try reading the whole thread. Muel said it can increase grip. It depends on the trye what you remove for the best effect. But yeah increased grip. Reduced weight. Reduced wear life and increased faggotry

Remove every other outside knobble if you just want to do it for weight, but if you want to improve grip and prevent mud clogging then on the maxxis tyre where it has 5 nobbles in a line cut the two that are either side of the middle one, so from the outside its leave cut leave cut leave, and i used wire cutters as it felt safer and easier to do.