Zoot Crank Bolts

showurcolours

So my left crank fell off whilst riding home the other day, I'm pretty sure there is no damage to the thread on the crank or the BB (which are standard Zoot parts) but just lost the crank bolt. I was wondering if anyone knows whether they are M12 or M15? I measured up and it's about 11mm but I don't know if A; I've measured correctly or B; that's even accurate.

Appreciate your help guys :)

Is that with the new bolts, or without?

Here's the pictures anyway, just incase they help. I think the size of them will be massive but at least it should be HD.

BB (looks like damage around the top right hand side but it's actually just thick grease and dirt)

IMAG0351.jpg

Front end of crank (the outside part)

IMAG0350.jpg

Back end of crank

IMAG0349.jpg

Jake that would be awesome except my BB is an ISIS, cheers anyway though buddy :)

And yeah I definitely need to clean these

**EDIT: So I took the crank bolt off from the drive side and put the left crank on and it went on fine with the driveside crank bolt. So I'm thinking that I was lucky and it's just a case of ordering new bolts, which I have now done :)

Edited by showurcolours

cranks shouldn't "fall off". They have a slight taper which when ridden lose can warp it slightly which means they'll never be as snug a fit and are much more likely to come lose in the future. The proof is in the pudding though, get that bolt torqued up and see how it holds.

cranks shouldn't "fall off".

Sorry, probably should have said the full story. Basically, I was cycling home and felt like the pedal was wobbling a bit, so I stopped and shook the crank and then it came off. It didn't just fall off on it's own accord. Sorry, in hindsight I realise that what you and Adam are saying is a lot more likely if they fell off. My bad :/

Also, I switched over the other bolt and it held pretty well, for at least just riding around in the garden without stressing it too much.

not sure if god's going to decide if your cranks are knackered or not :wink2: , if they they have worn a little then you could try some thread lock to help keep them solid.

Ah ok, will be on the look out for some. What else has god got to do? Other than flooding most of the country and ignoring 982464418642184 prayers to win the lottery ;)

We all know he's far too busy giving AIDS to babies in Africa to worry about crank bolts.

Hahaha,

I've never understood that. Archbishops telling the people of Africa; "don't use contraception, it's bad for you" some bishops even said it doubles the risk of catching/spreading aids. Christianity is soooooooooooooo wrong.

Anyway, this is major off topic so I might just start an atheist thread on chit chat, then we can carry this on ;D