Bye Bye Maggie, Hello Disk Brake

bing

got the new pads today, f**king result!!! I've never had a brake this good. it's either on or off, simple as that. didn't even have to bed it in so to speak, just made sure the disk was clean and degreased, did the wax on wax off thing on a sheet of 400 grit wet and dry. gave it a wipe and installed it on my wheel. put new pads in, Ashima semi metals, and it just worked, no hassle. many thanks to dezmtber for sorting me out :)

• 2 weeks later...

been riding it for nearly 2 weeks now, and it just gets better. pads are properly bedded in now, and it does not slip one bit. properly recommend one of the brakes, for 40 quid you can't go wrong. 180mm rotor for the win as well

they really improved their braking systems a lot.i mounted the deore,adjusted it,jumped on my bike to bed the pads in and after 3 brake runs i stood on the front wheel,because i pulled the lever as with my old julie.2010s xtr brake was the same,except the reach adjustment knob.