Bye Bye Maggie, Hello Disk Brake

bing

Please don't put grease on the back of your pads! it's the same problem the Tech Trial brake had, sand the back of the pad until it is bare metal, then as you ride it the pad will get slightly worn on the back so it does't move as much. That's what Tarty Adam told me and it worked a treat!

arh ok. I'll try that then. was gonna put a little dab of copper slip on the back

arh ok. I'll try that then. was gonna put a little dab of copper slip on the back

Also make sure there´s no oil on the pistons aswell, sanding pads + clean pistons made day/night difference. I would buy better pads too if you have stock pads, they aren´t very good,cheap fastop(or clarks) organic pads are miles better.

i got some of these for my xt, for a fiver i doubt you'll get any better :)

Even for twice that, they are cheap only because they wear down quickly (they are softer than resin shimano pads), but that´s not a concern in trials as long as you don´t ride DH in muddy conditions on trials bike too :)

you can get them off chain reaction for £40, but i dont know how much the shipping would be to france. but they dont come with disks or adapters. i got a deal on mine where i got 2 disks and the right adapter for the rear for not a lot. its this one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67246

ive only ever had one hope brake, a mono trial and it was shite. wouldnt have another. i run this shimano and an echo tr and they are both very good, loads of bite and hold