Bye Bye Maggie, Hello Disk Brake

bing

here it is then,

914B72DE-48FD-4094-A04B-0CA333D61563-950-0000014C829ADEBF.jpg

so I've gone dual disk after a lifetime of rear maggie, got a shimano 2012 deore, 180mm giant mph rotor, onza pro diamond rear rim on a viz disk hub with a weird build on the disk side so there is room for the caliber to clear. got the wheel off dezmtber. it's not bedded in properly just yet but it's bite and hold are awesome

Edited by bing
  • Like 5

see the TF troll brigade is out in force. I wondered what that noise was Brad, I'll do that in the morning. @jmcd, it feels just right, and the entire setup is weighs less than my old onza pro wheel and maggie with heatsinks. it's not properly bedded in yet, and it feels amazing, loads of bite and hold

see the TF troll brigade is out in force. I wondered what that noise was Brad, I'll do that in the morning. @jmcd, it feels just right, and the entire setup is weighs less than my old onza pro wheel and maggie with heatsinks. it's not properly bedded in yet, and it feels amazing, loads of bite and hold

You might want to get a rotor with more holes in it.

i was running an aligator rotor from ebay, they are around £18 and work so well,

if you haven't already did so, shorten the hose and re-bleed and the brake will feel a lot more solid,

after a few weeks mine turned spongey with the long hose.

Edit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Alligator-ARIES-BLUE-Disc-Brake-Rotor-180mm-lightweight-c96g-/400259437312?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item5d31525300

Edited by BradJohnson

post-27681-0-12123500-1353016051_thumb.j

Please explain this 100% un-needed post?

Dual disk is the way forward, my riding improved instantly when i changed to it.

Some would say the same about the OP. I re-bled my front brake today, but im not gunna create a topic about it (Y)

Yes but that is different. You already had a bleed on your brake I assume? Its not going to be much different. From creating this Bing has had suggestion on how to improve this set up further. Basically a large portion of your posts you are just hating.

• Like 1

it's cos I changed to dual disk, after years of riding a maggie. if you don't like the post, don't troll it. there's no need to ruin another post with childish ramblings like all the other trolling f**ktards on here. you know what, mods if you see this, just delete this topic to please the trolls, and give them summat else to bitch at

don't matter now, I've deleted it. it's pathetic that the only thing people can do is ruin posts. the point of this forum is to discuss trials bikes/setup/parts, not to behave like a bellend. bet you are one of these that wouldn't say boo to a goose if it came to a group ride where everyone met up

• Like 3

Yea, re-edit the post back to original bing, we all know Martin is a bell end. That's coming from someone who knows many people think he's one too. Don't give him the satisfaction (Y)

On topic: double disc rules. It's either that or brakeless in my opinion.

• Like 1

Please don't put grease on the back of your pads! it's the same problem the Tech Trial brake had, sand the back of the pad until it is bare metal, then as you ride it the pad will get slightly worn on the back so it does't move as much. That's what Tarty Adam told me and it worked a treat!

• Like 1

Martin has been warned and suspended for a day. He is treading on VERY thin ice. Remember...use the report button, that's what its for!

On the flip side...please reinstate the original post, seems a shame to have deleted it (and possibly have shared some knowledge) just because an idiot piped up.