Splined Sprockets

Blake

Howdy.

Would like to know an alternative to the gusset double six sprocket as they're out of stock on the 15t ones at the moment, and would like to order it asap.

Was looking at a trialtech but is the base thick enough to not dig into my Chris King driveshell?

Or when the gusset sprockets come back into stock.

Thanks! :D

x

Gusset Double Six's don't fit on Chris King hubs, as I found out to my disappointment a few days ago! They have that special shimano-only pattern with the non-uniform splines. Luckily the trialtechs do fit, I went for the wider Lite over the Sport. Wouldn't surprised if it still dug into the driveshell though!

The sprockets can get a bit stuck on, partly due to them digging in and partly due to the taper of the driveshell, but I'm guessing you don't have a sprocket on it already?

I'm not totally sure about the taper of the driveshell, but it definitely felt like mine had a taper.

Gusset Double Six's don't fit on Chris King hubs, as I found out to my disappointment a few days ago! They have that special shimano-only pattern with the non-uniform splines. Luckily the trialtechs do fit, I went for the wider Lite over the Sport. Wouldn't surprised if it still dug into the driveshell though!

Gusset Double Six does fit on King hubs!

I have it on my bike right now and it works awesomely

did you try turning it round? sounds stupid but i did that with mine on my pro 2 ...... i was ashamed of myself when i realised what was going on

Ha yeah I did try that. I think Chris King only make certain hubs with that non-uniform shimano pattern. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: My hub has a totally uniform pattern, but the Gusset double six I got from crc didn't.

Edited by Pete.M

Another +1 for a Double Six on a King hub. I had that set up, and a Trialtech Sport too. Both worked well. The Sport didn't seem to dig in on mine at all (definitely not compared to the 1-ER that had been on there before. Knife through butter).

Another +1 for a Double Six on a King hub. I had that set up, and a Trialtech Sport too. Both worked well. The Sport didn't seem to dig in on mine at all (definitely not compared to the 1-ER that had been on there before. Knife through butter).

Do you know when the gussets are going to be back in stock? I realised that after I asked a question on your site that they're out of stock, annoying!

yea mate, took me ages go and get it from the abyss that is the sorting office haha think i may raw it..... along with everything else haha

yeah i'd raw it, polish it or sand it with a high grade sandpaper as I did it with some really rough stuff and it has a scratched/ghetto look to it.

Ha yeah I did try that. I think Chris King only make certain hubs with that non-uniform shimano pattern. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: My hub has a totally uniform pattern, but the Gusset double six I got from crc didn't.

They will fit the iso/classic etc as they are all shimano or campag (won't fit campag)

sounds like you have a single speed king hub which is uniform

Edited by dave33