A 24" Rear Tyre For My Bike...

-G-

hi,

sorry if someone has posted some similar post...

i'm riding a 24" bike and i'm using a "Schwalbe Table Top 24 x 2.25 - Draht" rear tyre...cheap and very light, i'm having problems with the gaps/drop gaps, the tyre walls are too thin and it's touching the rim everytime, even if i'm very inflated...so i think i need another tyre.

i'd like to know what rear 24" tyre do you recommend me, one not very heavy...

thanks

Maxxis high roller or Kenda blue groove. Great tyres very grippy too. There's a gap in the market now for 24 it's either thin tyres with no grip or heavier dh/mtb tyres with more grip and stability but with added weight.

The high roller isn't that heavy I'm running a 42a version now with a Maxxis dh tube and it's amazing

• Like 1

Maxxis high roller or Kenda blue groove. Great tyres very grippy too. There's a gap in the market now for 24 it's either thin tyres with no grip or heavier dh/mtb tyres with more grip and stability but with added weight.

The high roller isn't that heavy I'm running a 42a version now with a Maxxis dh tube and it's amazing

where did you find a 42a version of a a 224 Maxxis High Roller? Gotta get my hands on one of these!!!

slightly off topic but what would anyone recomend for the front? choices are a bit limmited.....

Rocket ron for weight weenie, it's not too bad at gripping. 2.1" DMR moto digger for grip, a little heavy compared to rocket ron but 2x as grippy (think of it as a 24" creepy crawler). I can't say much about Kenda, other than the fact it looks like it'll be bad for natty and in wet but a good dry street tyre.

rocket ron or small block maybe

Rocket ron for weight weenie, it's not too bad at gripping. 2.1" DMR moto digger for grip, a little heavy compared to rocket ron but 2x as grippy (think of it as a 24" creepy crawler). I can't say much about Kenda, other than the fact it looks like it'll be bad for natty and in wet but a good dry street tyre.

rocket ron it is then..... ran one on my stock and thought it lacked a bit of grip but i'm a schwalbe fan. thought the same about the kenda too, and i'm gona be a weight fag over my new build.

on another note you looking to part with those carbon rockman bars yet :-

• Like 1

rocket ron it is then..... ran one on my stock and thought it lacked a bit of grip but i'm a schwalbe fan. thought the same about the kenda too, and i'm gona be a weight fag over my new build.

on another note you looking to part with those carbon rockman bars yet :-

Haha nice one :)

Why is everyone so desperate for second hand carbon bars! :giggle: I love mine, got 2 now and maybe 3 soon. Can't part with any though, as they're all on a build and I have no intention to get other bars. :lol:

My small block has been pretty sweet in all weather.

My Fat Albert has become increasingly grippy as it wears out. The horrible tall and skinny tread has become a lower profile, meaning its more stable too!

But its still shite in comparison to a Try-All, Conti or Maxxis. And in the wet... hahaha

Properly tempted to try a Moto Digger. Just tube choice is going to be a pain.

I like my tyres bouncy, and fairly light.

where did you find a 42a version of a a 224 Maxxis High Roller? Gotta get my hands on one of these!!!

Got it off a chap on eBay , brand new For £35.

For people ofront tyres , I can't recommend the moto digger enough! Grippiest front tyre I've ever used for street!

Edited by the mysterious leemur