Most Embarrassing Moments Riding Trials?

Luxeey

well mine... was riding home from school on my comp (free wheel so the chain is spining) going down a hill on a main road, i usually tuck my school trousers in to my hi tops but i dont know how but the side of the trouser came out and all of a suden i felt a tug and next thing i know im over the handle bars sliding across my face with my bike dragging behind... after moaning in pain laying on the floor my trousers were soo stuck in the freewheel i could hardly move my right leg so i dragged my self up to some random persons door asking for help while my metal pedals are digging into my legs... had a few cuts on my legs, big cut on my cheek but i was all goood:) and it was nice that all the cars that drove past not 1 stopped to see if i was alright :|

PLEASE tell me someone has done worse??? :$

Dont know if you'd say its worse, but i was cycling down the road at a bus station, no busses were there so everyone had full view of me.

I Was cycling fairly quickly and one hand slid off the grips, followed by the other and i fell against the bars then sideways and slid across the road. Everyone was looking at me, got straight back up and started looking at my bike ad rocking the bike back and forwards to make it seem like something went wrong with it.

Massive cut on my arm and leg (was in shorts an tshirt).

Pretty embarrassing as im pretty sure i heard people laughing haha.

Unlucky with your fall though - i got my trousers caught in my chain and it judt ripped straight through them rather than throw me over the bars

Edited by Kieran Morrison

Riding with a mate and helping him get a tap done.

"you just need to do it like this" came out of my mouth.

Rides up to wall, bam, tapped too hard and went straight over my bars, and over the other side of the wall onto wet grass. Right next to a main road, and a bus full of people.

Felt like a right nob haha

• Like 2

When I was riding between spots with 30 other trials riders on a ride in Brighton, February 2011 I think, and out of the blue the front wheel jams and I flip over the bars. In front of 30 f**king people.

Similar to my worst moment. Rolling down a hill in busy Glasgow on the way to a ride, lift the front wheel onto a pavement and manage to lock the front brake on landing (still no idea how), went flying over the bars and landed in a 'push up' position, then the bike landed on me. Felt like such a tool.

BB7's are awesomely dangerous!

Similar to my worst moment. Rolling down a hill in busy Glasgow on the way to a ride, lift the front wheel onto a pavement and manage to lock the front brake on landing (still no idea how), went flying over the bars and landed in a 'push up' position, then the bike landed on me. Felt like such a tool.

BB7's are awesomely dangerous!

i did nearly the same thing, only i was going down a hill and my front maggie caught me napping. epic sack of shit over the bars, followed by being laughed at by 2 people on the other side of the road.

bad times hahaha

When i was at school, I had to ride my trials bike there for some reason i cant remember. When i was riding it home, i was coming up to a post office on the main A5 rode, and my school trousers got caught in the freewheel. Never had it that serious before, so bad that i had to take off my school trousers, walk in the post office and ask for scissors to cut them out. The worst thing ive ever had to do haha!

• Like 1

Rich_87 who used to come on this forum back in the day once tried pedal hopping onto a wall and somehow went over it and fell into a bus just as the door opened!

Yesterday was pretty embarrassing when I tried a hook but didn't pull up enough and sort of taped the wall sending me backwards and landing on my arse. All the Leeds clubbers loved it :$

i was riding through my local village, and saw a group of 3 NOIIICE looking girls. gave them a little whistle and a smile for a laugh and carried on.. 2 minutes later my jeans get stuck in the chain. sat on the floor tugging at my jeans when they walk past.. laugh and carry on. BURN... :( hahaha

• Like 2

Rode a big group ride this summer. We where riding to a new spot and I was like in the middle of the group. I had my Go-Pro on my helmet with a extension arm (quite long) to get a better angle. I looked like a teletubbie. Anyhow when I went up the sidewalk I somehow lifted the front wheel up to early so it wen't down just before the sidewalk edge. This made me fly over the handlebars really fast, I just rolled on the ground and could see my bike bounce around like crazy! I layed on the ground for like 10 seconds and when I got up I realized I fell infront of a biiig restaurant with big glass windows... Everyone where looking at me like this: :blink:>_<

Fuuuuk that was emabarrassing! :$ :$ :$

Mate left his comp at my house, Him and his dad came to pick it up the next morning, for some reason I decided to hop in my back garden not remembering his brakes were shocking, went straight over the back of the bike...

At this point I'll mention that I was wearing slippers and a dressing gown... there I was lying on the floor, dressing gown flown open, and looking up red faced to my friend and his dad utterly pissing themselves.

• Like 2

I'd been riding around my local village for day with a few friends and later on in the evening a few of them wanted to go to the shop up the road which was just in front of a junction. So we went there and they went in the shop so i decided to go across the road to mess around in the train station and for no reason at all when i was crossing the junction right in the middle my rear wheel acted like it was on ice and just slid away from me leaving me rolling around in the middle of the junction with the whole train station watching and a few drivers.

Quite embarrassing.

Trying to pedal hop up five pallets at the back of B&Q the 5th pallet slipped out as I touched down on it, went arse over tit and landed on my head, feet high in the air. I hadn't noticed the store superviser walking over to tell me to bugger off .

Kind of saved him a job. Lying on the concrete with staff having a smoke out the back watching too, it was SO MUCH a beam-me-up-scotty moment.

About 5 year back when I first rode trials I was doing a kick hop off a jump box at a skate park, was on top of the box on the edge on my rear wheel ready to kick off and for some reason I didn't release the rear brake as I kicked sending my bike diving front first and me head first to the ground below in front of everyone at the skate park. What makes it worse is my mate has it on camera too!

One time riding straight in the centre of town I pedalled down and my cog had come loose so my chain came off so my foot went down to quickly. My toes made contact with the ground first which made the rest of me fall, making me crotch hit the frame and have me slide off and since I was going pretty fast I just skidded along the road a bit. A lot of people saw it, especially because there's a Starbucks with the seats facing out the window staring at me.

In the summer when all the tourists were about in my village, i got a punture while gaping onto a rock. I always have a punture repare kit in my bag in case things like this happen. After finding the hole in my tube i stuck the patch on with the glue, as normal excess glue came out the sides. When i thought the patch was firmly stuck i lifted my hands up, but the tube was stuck to my fingers. I was quite frustrated at this point, i looked at the brand of glue and it was normal super glue, not to be used for rubber! It was properly stuck now, if i wanted it off i would have to rip my skin right off.

Some people had now noticed me standing there with a tube stuck to my fingers, i felt like a right twat.

Been riding for too long to point out the most embarrassing moment, but I'm sure getting my jeans caught in the freewheel must have been one. For some reason in such a situation I would always lose balance to the right, so not being able to put my foot on the ground I would just topple over with my feet still on the pedals and arms on the handlebars. Then not being able to get off the bike while already on the ground just adds insult to injury.