Sprocket Dug Into Splined Hub. Removal?

Pete.M

The sprocket on my CK hub appears to have dug into the freehub body and is totally stuck on. I've tried prising it and gentle knocking, but I can't knock it hard because I've no way of keeping the freehub locked in place! There's obviously not much space to get behind it, so can't hammer it from there either.

Is my only option to get a 'gear puller'?

Cheers.

Get another smaller sprocket to slide over the end of the hub and either clamp that or use a bit of chain in a vice to clamp it. Them hit the offending cog backwards.

Nearly, yes get a smaller sprocket and put that on but use two chain whips, one on the smaller sprocket so you can hold the freehub body steady and then the other on the stuck sprocket but the opposite way. Its a bit of a fag to get them both on at the same time but it works a treat if you dont want to damage any sprockets. :)

Assuming that you have an normal mtb style CK and have taken the cassette lockring off:

Remove the driveshell (and take the axle out) then put it into a vice so that the shell is loose but the vice supports the ring.

Stick some wood on top of the shell to protect the lockring threads then hammer the driveshell downwards.