Trials And Freeride

AnthonyNuttall

trials is about getting over and round obstacle course's in the shortest time with out putting ur foot down,

now doing a 180 of a 10ft rock takes longer and runs much more of a risk of putting ur foot down,

so no 180's coasting etc are NOT part of trials,

Why is trials only in comps and rocks? Then if you're not riding in a comp you can't be riding trials by that logic.

If an obstacle course is expanded to include street, a manual might, will, be quicker over an obstacle.

Mark W mentioned it in another topic, BMX has many styles: park, street, race, dirt. Riders of each can all call themselves BMXers. Why can't trials riders who use flow and rolling moves call themselves trials riders?

Why would they want to when they get so much shit from their community?

If someone asks you to do Danny Mac's tricks, you should tell them he rides a different style of trials to you, not that he doesn't ride trials.

Hi boys and girls,

recently when out riding this year i have had a lot of young kids shouting to do different moves that i would consider dirt jumping, freeriding or BMX,

and looking on youtube and other video posting sites i have found this " Danny Mcaskill" being listed under trials.

And yet watching every video he is in i have yet to see any "trials" riding it is all freeriding,

can anyone let me know why this has happened to the art of trials.

180ing off a drop isn't trials, coasting along on your rear wheel isn't trials, or even a "tail whip" these things are all part of BMX and freeriding,

thanx for reading,

Anthony

WHO THE f**k CARES ABOUT STYLES? Only degenerates,

Why you can't live witout this shit? What item in your ass force you necessarily to assign %ridername% to %stylename%? Today I rode 20km on my street-trials bike, who am I now? City biker? What style I ride? Citybiking street-freeride-trials?

Just go and ride how you want, instead of starting meaningless discussions.

Edited by clerictgm

I've got a comp next Sunday, I plan to 180 off a rock at some point during the course of the day which with it being in a 'trials comp' scenario will surely mean the Earth will implode on itself and all life will cease to exist.

You have been warned!

• Like 4

He can't be because Ot Pi can't possibly be a trials rider!

Here's the proof, there are a lot of times in the video he spins off drops, has his front wheel off etc, he's even seen riding a skatepark!!

I'd never seen this before.

It was simultaneously f**king brilliant, and laughably bad :lol:

• Like 1

I've got a comp next Sunday, I plan to 180 off a rock at some point during the course of the day which with it being in a 'trials comp' scenario will surely mean the Earth will implode on itself and all life will cease to exist.

You have been warned!

me too Dave. I did it at Blackpool, radfest and hook woods, which was caught on video. and I'll find somewhere to do it at Shipley. even if I do shit in the comp, I'll do it cos I ride a trials bike and I can. so there