Hope Pro 2 + Snail Cams

Jon Alty

I am currently getting fed up with setting my cams up and perfect tension to say after 30 mins of riding my chain will come loose. Tried running without cams and still have the same problem any advice?

Set up:

Ozonys v2 curve frame

hope pro2 trial hub

Monty snail cams

18t screw on cog

15t cog

kmc 510hx chain ( 2-3 months old)

Edited by Andeee

EDIT: So the new style hope bolts will be the best with them having the 8mm head on them? Where as the previous ones had a 6mm head?

May give you a call in the morning to see if we can arrange getting some of those specific type of bolts.

Edited by Andeee

EDIT: So the new style hope bolts will be the best with them having the 8mm head on them? Where as the previous ones had a 6mm head?

May give you a call in the morning to see if we can arrange getting some of those specific type of bolts.

Maybe I was speaking to someone else then :$ But yeah, you can get a lot more torque (and this clamping force) with cap head bolts.

They're nothing special, just an M10 bolt with an 8mm hex head (Y)

Exactly.

Maybe I was speaking to someone else then :$ But yeah, you can get a lot more torque (and this clamping force) with cap head bolts.

Exactly.

It was me you was speaking too as i bought them bars ;-). Will go to my local bolt shop tomorrow to see if i can get something sorted.

Sorry if i have made this seem confusing in some form of way haha. Will give you an update on the bolts.

Cheers

Edited by Andeee