Validation Question

oHoncho

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the purpose for getting Validated?

To stop illiterate morons with nothing useful to contribute getting access to the rest of the forum. It means that only (mostly) people who are mature, helpful and constructive in their posts are passed through the system, making the rest of the forum a nicer place full of like minded people with something useful to contribute and share with the community.

Unfortunately, some of the fore-mentioned people find their way through...

There is no validation process any more (if that's still mentioned on the site somewhere please let me know where it is so I can remove it).

You can sign up and post anywhere you want. The only limit is that until you have made 5 posts in total, you will only be able to make 3 posts per day.

There is no validation process any more (if that's still mentioned on the site somewhere please let me know where it is so I can remove it).

You can sign up and post anywhere you want. The only limit is that until you have made 5 posts in total, you will only be able to make 3 posts per day.

Why don't you give some trusted members the power to decide if they're worth being validated?

Say they have to get 3 positive votes from the "validators".

Edited by JMCD

• 3 weeks later...