Why No Onza 24" Tgs Bike?

dann2707

I was thinking this last night, I'm aware of the old mk1 24" zoot that was more TGS orienteered.

It'd be an excellent starter 24" bike, especially if it was a couple £100 cheaper than the Echo or ozonys.

Is there any news or anything on the horizon of Onza making a 24" trials bike do you reckon?

There is a rumour about one coming out haha, a Limey 24" apparently. Can't wait! :D:o

Edit: I think it's a prototype though, so I'm expecting release sometime next spring?

Further edit: I keep thinking they should make a 24" sky...

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 2

its out my christmas. i bet it will be same geo as echo

I heard a rumour it might be like the limey 4 in terms of geo? Let's compare.

Limey 4:

Wheelbase: 1090mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 70mm

Head Angle: 72°

Echo 24":

Wheelbase: 1065mm

Chainstay Length (Using 18:14 ratio): 360mm

BB Rise: 70mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

I think you may be right if they shorten the wheelbase and chainstay haha. :) I sure would love a 24" frame in the shape of the onza ice though.

Edited by JMCD

I can't really understand why they didn't get this project off the ground a couple of years ago...they had access to the zoot 24" parts ( front wheel would still be usable etc ) and just taking the most popular mod and stock geo and taking an average would have made a really good frame

Yeah a budget 24" should defintley be made so people can play on 24's without having to shell out big bucks

Comparatively, id say an echo 24's pretty cheap. The only frames cheaper than echo aren't great.

theres one coming sooooooooooooooon :)

ive seen the proto

Pictures or it didn't happen?

a couple £100 cheaper than the Echo or ozonys.

Rear mounted maggy alu forks, alu bars and stem etc. Be lush.

moonfact_bg.gif

stick11.jpg

:P

Bear in mind the RRP of the Comp is £750, and that's with steel forks...

EDIT: Or to put it the other way, the Zoot is currently £530-ish (can't remember exactly) and that's fitted with V-brakes, steel forks, steel bars, etc. - trying to get all the major bits made of aluminium and get HS11s/HS33s would be a bit of a stretch for a relatively small increase in price like that.

Moon stick wtf mark? Haha

But then Jake it would just be the same league as the other 24s. That's why they should make 2, cheap budgety one and high spec expensive one. It'd be gr8.

I didnt have a clue what he was on about the moon stick either. :ermm:

Yeah true, if they made a super heavy bashy one for beginners and a lightweight one for more advanced riders they'd do very well (depending on how good they make them).

You know you say one based on the limey 320 would be good? I think the rockman sort of looks like it cause of the added material around the seat tube), and without the curved downtube...

large_radix.jpg

i'd be happy with a dual vee tgs 24" onza, perhaps with alloy forks and a subsequent price hike to the £600 mark, even if it was a simple frame with no fancy cnc'd stuff and a spec that otherwise matched the zoot's. as to me the only significant fault with the zoot was the hefty forks, but they were understandable with the price tag. a set of branded vee pads and some tensioners that werent shite was all the bike really needed to ride well, more alu bits are always nice, but so long as you get isis drivetrain, a sealed hub on the rear, oversized bar/stem and a freewheel thats not pants, it's hard to fault, and we trialsy folk love upgrades and part changes, so it's all good in the sense that you don't need to buy multiple products the bring the whole bike up to speed when something fails... who didn't rage inside when their square tapered wierd bar sized onza had a problem and the logical upgrade route involved numerous purchases instead of one...

Edited by ogre