Hope Water Bottle From Tarty

Sam Song

.....stuff.....

I'm well aware of my statutory rights thanks, they're pretty irrelevant to what we were all asking you. In fact if anything that quote confirms that the law places less importance on cheaper items in the line saying:

The government’s guidelines on the issue take cost into account, so don’t expect compensation if a light bulb blows after 13 months.

Plus the fact the OP is based in Canada causes issues with quoting UK law. (Although I guess it still applies as the product is sold in the UK even it it's posted to else ware?)

Your issue with tarty (or is it all retailers?) seems to be deep set and caused by something more than a general dislike for the industry, I'm just curious as to what the hell's caused such an irrational hatred. :huh:

Edited by RobinJI

^ well thats not neccessary or relevant.

But yeah i am also curious to find out why dave33 hares tarty so much?

Also curious to see how many orders he has had with tarty and how many other trials retailers he uses..

Also, kinda wanna wanna know what his bike looks like.. Cos if he dont use tarty because of some mysterious vendetta then his bike must be some sort of frankenstein machine madefrom a mish mash of modified xc parts

Edited by Carlperkins
  • Like 1

So you're just going to completely ignore the questions asked of you again?

I'm truly interested, if you know something about Tarty I don't then I'd obviously want to know so I can steer clear... It's unlikely, because you've been swerving the point for so long, but you might have a reason.

reason- tarty (adam) likes to hide behinde the its the manufacture we need to contact not us etc.

he either lies to people or he is unsure about the law regarding this.

no not just tarty that i have a problem with, if any retailer tried that one to get out of a warranty i would feel the same

Employee ?

Who's this Dave33 faggot? sounds like some bullshittin zombie to me.

I'm also not fond of being called a robbing fanny by said willy just because we won't give him free product.

That's all fair enough Dave, except it's clearly untrue - Adam has already stated in here that he, as the retailer, is dealing with the complaint and will send a replacement without even seeing the faulty item. He also isn't obliged to do that by law, as others have already shown that the product value is less than the shipping to Canada in this case.

Seems you must have had a pretty bad experience with them at some point, but that's clearly what it must have been - a fairly isolated incident because there's a shit ton of people happy with the way they conduct their business. Seems a shame that a top comp rider feels like airing his issues so publicly, and so candidly.

its not clearly untrue at all. and the fact that now after this topic hes refunding him or what ever says it all.

hes used that line on me twice atleast, i would love to know who else has had the same bull shit ????

Again, have you read Adams posts in here? He said he'd already decided to send a new one out before reading this topic.

Gotta be honest, I can't imagine that someone who comes onto a forum and calls people 'robbing c*nts' is going to be all that awesome to deal with anyway. I put it to you that it was you that was a knob and you're just not used to people sticking to their guns instead of rolling over to you.

• Like 3

yes your right im a total knob for not just accepting 'we would have to conatct the manufacture as we dont give warrnty'

:oops:

Again, have you read Adams posts in here? He said he'd already decided to send a new one out before reading this topic.

Gotta be honest, I can't imagine that someone who comes onto a forum and calls people 'robbing c*nts' is going to be all that awesome to deal with anyway. I put it to you that it was you that was a knob and you're just not used to people sticking to their guns instead of rolling over to you.

I can recall an issue, in October 2009, with a Reset bottom bracket axle that failed after 4 months, therefore inside it's 6 month warranty period. However - at the admission of the customer upon initial telephone contact - an extra spacer had been fitted on each side between the sleeve on the axle and the crank arm in order to improve brake cylinder clearance.

At this point we engaged with the manufacturer to clarify the warranty implications and try to obtain a reduced price replacement to help said customer, if required.

The spacers that had been used were present in the box when the bottom bracket was returned. My memory seems to recall that one of the spacers was in fact still on the bottom bracket axle at the time, but I can't confirm that. The copper grease that had been applied to the axle had dried out and produced an imprint of the crank arm. The greast was still present when the bottom bracket was returned. The position of the dried out grease confirmed that the spacer was present during use.

The customer then made a U-turn when warranty was refused, being adamant that no spacers were used, and arguing the case directly with the manufacturer by email.

We agree to send out a steel axle free of charge at our own expense - since the customer had broken the titanium one, we hoped the steel one would last him longer - but this offer was refused and a similarly heater topic was created on the forum.

More recently, there was an issue with a hub which the same customer bought through a shop we supplied it to.

Despite the customer's contract of sale being with the shop from which he purchased the hub, as he has stated quite clearly above, it was again ourselves who were required to assess the warranty situation.

The first time it was returned - inside the 6 month warranty period - the customer claimed the bearings had failed. We inspected the hub and found no issues with manufacture. It was noted that, during fitment of a new bearing by either the customer or the shop, the axle had been damaged (material 'bunched up', so the bearing could not sit squarely) due to a replacement bearing having not been fitted squarely.

I re-machined the axle and test fitted a new bearing to confirm everything was now ok. The hub was returned to the shop and the customer continued to use it for a few months, we believe.

The second time it was returned - outside of the warranty period - we again inspected the hub at the request of the customer. He claimed the flanges were not mounted parallel to each other.

Our inspections again found there to be no manufacturing issue, and we produced photographic and video evidence to support this, which was supplied to the shop. We assume they showed the customer, but cannot be sure. The password to the video is 123: https://vimeo.com/44320403. The arrow points to the bottom corner of the bearing location lip. If the flanges were not parallel, then this lip would 'wobble' upon rotation.

It is also to be noted that deep groove radial ball bearings, as fitted to the hub, do have some degree of float to allow for manufacturing tolerances in these situations. You would think the customer, who was keen to make it known that he is a toolmaker in the automotive sector during the first warranty 'run-in', would be aware of this.

For those interested, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes for some cracking bed time reading, especially section F38 Part 5A as amended to Section 48A onwards: http://www.legislati...k/ukpga/1979/54

Time to go home for some tea (Y)

• Like 8

I've got a couple of Gatorade ones too, never had an issue with them. They're the squeezy type top, like Lucozade sport bottles (you know, the ones that spit a little water in your mates face if you squeeze them gently.)

Oh dear me what a lovely bit of drama.

Anybody ever had a ÂŁ4.50 water bottle that doesn't leak?

Also if anyone is genuinely interested in this you can get an Elite SuperCorsa from plenty of places for ÂŁ3-4.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Lol that was a load of bollox, firstly

Your employee Ali c admitted that he assumed I had used washers for some reason and then admitted on here he was mistaken!

U-turn my arse

Also regarding the hub

You sent a video of a hub in a lathe I think, did you calibrate your eye that morning

Personally I would use a DTI to check the radial run out,

Which was over .2 lol

Oh and not to mention bores being + 0.07 and + 0.02

You could drop the bearings in

Yes your right am am a tool maker, with ten years experience in engineering, you just keep playing ith your hubby lathe.

Look like you turned a thread on the axle, I havnt measured if but I'd bet my willy that it's way under size

So all in all you sold a hub that wasn't fit for purpose, and attempting to fix it made it even less use able

But as I didnt buy it from yourselfs I have no contract with you so I'm not to fussed.

My point is just that you keep giving the bull shit line about manufactures! Is that a mistake or are you just talking out of your backside ?

I can recall an issue, in October 2009, with a Reset bottom bracket axle that failed after 4 months, therefore inside it's 6 month warranty period. However - at the admission of the customer upon initial telephone contact - an extra spacer had been fitted on each side between the sleeve on the axle and the crank arm in order to improve brake cylinder clearance.

At this point we engaged with the manufacturer to clarify the warranty implications and try to obtain a reduced price replacement to help said customer, if required.

The spacers that had been used were present in the box when the bottom bracket was returned. My memory seems to recall that one of the spacers was in fact still on the bottom bracket axle at the time, but I can't confirm that. The copper grease that had been applied to the axle had dried out and produced an imprint of the crank arm. The greast was still present when the bottom bracket was returned. The position of the dried out grease confirmed that the spacer was present during use.

The customer then made a U-turn when warranty was refused, being adamant that no spacers were used, and arguing the case directly with the manufacturer by email.

We agree to send out a steel axle free of charge at our own expense - since the customer had broken the titanium one, we hoped the steel one would last him longer - but this offer was refused and a similarly heater topic was created on the forum.

More recently, there was an issue with a hub which the same customer bought through a shop we supplied it to.

Despite the customer's contract of sale being with the shop from which he purchased the hub, as he has stated quite clearly above, it was again ourselves who were required to assess the warranty situation.

The first time it was returned - inside the 6 month warranty period - the customer claimed the bearings had failed. We inspected the hub and found no issues with manufacture. It was noted that, during fitment of a new bearing by either the customer or the shop, the axle had been damaged (material 'bunched up', so the bearing could not sit squarely) due to a replacement bearing having not been fitted squarely.

I re-machined the axle and test fitted a new bearing to confirm everything was now ok. The hub was returned to the shop and the customer continued to use it for a few months, we believe.

The second time it was returned - outside of the warranty period - we again inspected the hub at the request of the customer. He claimed the flanges were not mounted parallel to each other.

Our inspections again found there to be no manufacturing issue, and we produced photographic and video evidence to support this, which was supplied to the shop. We assume they showed the customer, but cannot be sure. The password to the video is 123: https://vimeo.com/44320403. The arrow points to the bottom corner of the bearing location lip. If the flanges were not parallel, then this lip would 'wobble' upon rotation.

It is also to be noted that deep groove radial ball bearings, as fitted to the hub, do have some degree of float to allow for manufacturing tolerances in these situations. You would think the customer, who was keen to make it known that he is a toolmaker in the automotive sector during the first warranty 'run-in', would be aware of this.

For those interested, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes for some cracking bed time reading, especially section F38 Part 5A as amended to Section 48A onwards: http://www.legislati...k/ukpga/1979/54

Time to go home for some tea (Y)