Hope Water Bottle From Tarty

Sam Song

There's no mention there that these bottles are cheap and leaky, so why should a customer buying this product expect anything other than a fully functioning water bottle?

I'll change the description (Y)

Only problem now is - do I have to go through all the frames stating 'If you lob this against a wall, the tubing will dent'? And that 'If you push a pin through it, you will get a puncture' on all the inner tubes? :giggle:

• Like 13

Only problem now is - do I have to go through all the frames stating 'If you lob this against a wall, the tubing will dent'? And that 'If you push a pin through it, you will get a puncture' on all the inner tubes? :giggle:

Yes. I also think it would be prudent (and I may in fact send an email to HSE to get this enforced) to include on all metallic items sold that they really shouldn't be put in the microwave and that most components shouldn't be fed to pets or given to small children.

• Like 9

I'd just go with a massive banner on the homepage saying 'IF YOU'RE A COMPLETE AND UTTER MORON WITHOUT ANY CONCEPT OF COMMON SENSE OR UNDERSTANDING OF VALUE, PLEASE DO NOT SHOP HERE'.

How is this thread still going? Cheap water bottle bought, cheap water bottle lets a small amount of water out. Anyone remember being told at school that water will always find a way? Ta-da

• Like 6

yeah but frames dont come pre-lobbeb at a wall, and tubes dont come pre-punctured.

this bottle seems to come pre-cheapandleaky.

its only £5 or whatever, but if i buy a water bottle i dont expect to get wet everytime i have a drink.

it all comes down to the old saying.. "buy cheap, buy twice"

anyway im glad he got a replacement bottle, however it will probably leak, he will probably also have to shell out for a new more expensive one anyway.

• Like 2

yeah but frames dont come pre-lobbeb at a wall, and tubes dont come pre-punctured.

this bottle seems to come pre-cheapandleaky.

My point was that the bottle doesn't leak if you don't deform it - my bad.

No he didn't buy it from hope, why does ever one think that ?? Is it because that's what tarty Adam tells ever one ?

isnt the issue with 'HOPE'

tartybikes are the third party

Dave33, whatever your problem with Tarty is, I think you should let it off your chest in a big online therapy session on the couch that is Trials-forum (PS, I'm also curious as to why you're so massively bitter towards them!)

As for the waterbottle, the fact you're in Canada is a pretty big thing to miss out, the bottle's worth less than the postage it would need for them to rectify the problem, both on your part and theirs, I think offering to send one out in your next order is more than fair, especially without even asking for the old one back. From their point of view they don't even have any proof you're not just trying it on to see if you can get a free bottle? Seems very trusting and nice of them to send one out to you.

PS, it sounds like it's an uncertainty between the product being faulty, and just a poor product. If it's just a poor product, then unfortunately that's not really a warranty issue, but that's what product reviews are for, and all the more important with cheap products that could potentially be poor.

Edited by RobinJI
  • Like 2

PS, it sounds like it's an uncertainty between the product being faulty, and just a poor product. If it's just a poor product, then unfortunately that's not really a warranty issue, but that's what product reviews are for, and all the more important with cheap products that could potentially be poor.

Good point! Anybody ever had a £4.50 water bottle that doesn't leak?

As said - Dave33 please for the love of God tell us all what your huge grievance with Tarty is - it's so unbelievably tiring having to put up with your shit in every thread that so much as mentions them and you never quite getting to a point.

• Like 5

"- As with all plastic water bottles of this price, squeezing it will deform the shape slightly and may cause a small leak between the cap and main body of the bottle."

I thought you were joking when you said you'd change the description :lol:

No, you do not. But this did make me chuckle!

I thought you were joking when you said you'd change the description :lol:

I didn't. Its a cheap crappy bottle, Tarty have done well in the past to just not sell the shitter components. Do you think all this is worth the £1.50 mark up Ads makes?

Without being flippant, I'd say it was more like a meal being uncooked/cold/miniature, i.e not what you were expecting when you pay for it. If its inedible its not fulfilling its 'duty' if you will. I'd say the same for the bottle - You want it to contain water and not let it out, thats its main 'duty'. If you put it in your bag to go riding and it leaks, its not fulfilling its role.

I know its a 'cheap' bottle (I say that cautiously, because I know first hand how much it takes to mass produce a bottle lke this...) but I think it'd be in Tartys interest to either send another one out, or send it back to Hope to deal with.

This.

Which is what happened.

Edited by Matt Vandart

isnt the issue with 'HOPE'

tartybikes are the third party

No

However under the governments regulation on warranty's and shit the retailer does not have to do anything if the cost is prohibitive, such as a water bottle that cost's less than the postage.

Also:

The two main laws protecting consumers are the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Both have been amended several times to bring them up to date. You don’t have to know every detail of them to assert your rights, but it’s worth knowing the important sections.

New goods have to be:

• Of satisfactory quality – in other words, free of flaws and made from durable materials (unless they are obviously shop-soiled or are “seconds”)
  • As described – that is, they match any claims made about them by the seller or manufacturer
  • Fit for purpose – this means that, for example, a pair of headphones must not only play music, but also fit your MP3 player if the salesperson says they will.

If an item fails to meet any of the three conditions, take it back to the shop at the earliest opportunity. The longer you hold on to it, the more likely it is that the seller will say you accepted it and therefore gave up your legal right to return it.

Also, don’t modify an item in any way. Having a piece of clothing altered, for example, suggests that you agreed to keep it.

If an item is faulty and you’ve had it for a very short time, don’t be tempted by offers of free repairs, a credit note or an alternative product. You’re entitled to your money back.

If a product breaks down or becomes unusable before it’s six months old, you don’t have to prove that it was faulty when you bought it. The law assumes that it was. You’re entitled to a replacement or repair – but the seller can decide which. If neither is possible, you can claim a full or partial refund.

If it’s more than six months since you bought the item in question, it’s up to you to prove that it has a fault.

If you take something home and simply change your mind about it, the shop doesn’t have to take it back. But you may be offered an exchange or a credit note out of goodwill.

Edited by Matt Vandart

The issue WAS with tartybikes. They are the ones who bought and sold on the bottle, they are getting the profit.

If i sell you a frame on the forum, and it turns out to be cracked. The problem is with me, not echo. ;)

Edited by Carlperkins

If i sell you a frame on the forum, and it turns out to be cracked. The problem is with me, not echo. ;)

Depends on how soon it broke, surely...

I'd say it's not exactly tart's fault, it's more hope's. They should've thought before they stuck their name on some toss product. They CNC everything else, why not a CNC'd bottle? :P That'd be more in keeping with their product range.

Still it's not exactly hope's fault, they didn't make it.

You actually fascinate me.

Dave33, whatever your problem with Tarty is, I think you should let it off your chest in a big online therapy session on the couch that is Trials-forum (PS, I'm also curious as to why you're so massively bitter towards them!)

As for the waterbottle, the fact you're in Canada is a pretty big thing to miss out, the bottle's worth less than the postage it would need for them to rectify the problem, both on your part and theirs, I think offering to send one out in your next order is more than fair, especially without even asking for the old one back. From their point of view they don't even have any proof you're not just trying it on to see if you can get a free bottle? Seems very trusting and nice of them to send one out to you.

As said - Dave33 please for the love of God tell us all what your huge grievance with Tarty is - it's so unbelievably tiring having to put up with your shit in every thread that so much as mentions them and you never quite getting to a point.

Just seen this thread. Wow. Being called a 'bunch of robbing c**ts' is pretty strong. Not sure how to take that really. I don't think it's a joke? :ermm:

Adam

Here are some facts also:

Warranties and guarantees

Guarantees and warranties are for extra peace of mind. They don’t replace your rights under the law, but add to them. That’s why you’ll often see a product with a label that says: “This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights”.

The problem is that sellers will sometimes use them to try to get out of their legal obligations.

Let’s say you have a year’s guarantee on a new car and the gearbox goes on day 366. The dealer may try to tell you that nothing can be done, but in fact you’re still covered by the law, which assumes that a gearbox should last well over 12 months. The same goes for any other product that might reasonably be expected to last more than a year – a computer, for example, or a microwave. In these circumstances, you can argue for a refund or a replacement. The government’s guidelines on the issue take cost into account, so don’t expect compensation if a light bulb blows after 13 months.

The key thing to remember is that your contract is with the retailer who sold you the product. Don’t be fobbed off by the salesperson’s argument that the responsibility lies with the manufacturer.

So you're just going to completely ignore the questions asked of you again?

I'm truly interested, if you know something about Tarty I don't then I'd obviously want to know so I can steer clear... It's unlikely, because you've been swerving the point for so long, but you might have a reason.

So you're just going to completely ignore the questions asked of you again?

I'm truly interested, if you know something about Tarty I don't then I'd obviously want to know so I can steer clear... It's unlikely, because you've been swerving the point for so long, but you might have a reason.

I really don't think he does have a valid reason. I'd say 99.9% of people that use tarty are more than satisfied. And after all, without them we'd all be pretty stuck in the mud.