Hope Water Bottle From Tarty

Sam Song

So I get a Hope water bottle from Tarty a month ago. It leaked a bit but I thought, whatever it was going to be mounted on xc bike, little bit of leak is still usable.

Now after about 3 weeks, it leaks at the junction between top and bottle whenever I drink from it.

I realized it is a clear defect and I tried talking to tartybikes about the leaking bottle and apparently it can't be warrantied.

Sure a water bottle might not be that big of a deal,

but it is a big deal if Tarty won't admit it's a manufacturer defect and tells me that I don't know how to use a water bottle.

I will add that in the past three and a half years of using Tarty, I have had good experience with them

but what kind of loyal customer would I be if I don't let them know when they screw up?

Edited by Sam Song

If you have an issue with Tarty Bikes you should really contact them directly.

I guess he already has:

I tried talking to tartybikes about the leaking bottle and apparently it can't be warrantied.

Get in touch with Hope maybe? They're pretty good with brake warranties, I once had a leak from a Mono Trial and they sent me a set of seals free of charge overseas.

30%(?) of companies that use generic style water bottles but slap their logo o to them are cheap and will end up leading. Your best bet is a camelback or if your contempt on having a water bottle, buy one that is either produced by a drink company or looks different and has a higher price tag. If you can get yourself to a biking event bottles are handed out to anyone.

Hope, saracen, dmr and trek seem to be unable to figure out there bottles leak!

You should look at getting a Mavic one, they seem to make the best.

Edited by TROYston

or a camelbak bottle... regardless of how cheap and generic a product is, it should still be fit for purpose. in my eyes a sports bottle should only let water out when you want it to, his isn't and he's rightfully disappointed...

• Like 1

Surely you expect something you've just bought to do the job its intended for though

you but if I've spent €5 for a bottle & then shipping, then I think I deserve to it to break. I mean can you really be that anal about what you drink from?

Edited by ChrisTrials2012

Does it leak loads or sort of dribble?

I don't think I've owned a water bottle that doesn't piss all over me. I kinda like it though, not because I'm a sexual deviant but because I like the refreshing splash of water on my face when I guzzle down some H2O.

• Like 4

I feel sorry for members on here who work/represent for trials shops when they see threads relating to something that can be resolved simply through them and not on a forum. ( It is as if they are trying to give them a bad reputation in a way)

Ok its only a £5 bottle but still you have just got to remember there is a returns policy for most online shops if you do occur with any faults or problems.

Edited by Andeee

I feel sorry for members on here who work/represent for trials shops when they see threads relating to something that can be resolved simply through them and not on a forum. ( It is as if they are trying to give them a bad reputation in a way)

Ok its only a £5 bottle but still you have just got to remember there is a returns policy for most online shops if you do occur with any faults or problems.

you but what would come of a £5 claim, its just a lot of hassle for not much return. I'd understand if they weren't acknowledging a Hope hub or brake, but this just ridiculous.

you but what would come of a £5 claim, its just a lot of hassle for not much return. I'd understand if they weren't acknowledging a Hope hub or brake, but this just ridiculous.

You the what what the what would the what?

• Like 3

Whenever I write yeah the forum converts it to you. And if you employed some reasoning which you seem incapable of doing, you'd understand what I was trying to say. But what can I expect from man who has the troll face as his profile pic.

Edited by ChrisTrials2012
  • Like 1

He's trying to warn people that tarty are a bunch of robbing c**ts!

Does it matter if it's £1 or £1000 you expect what you buy to be fit for purpose

If you have an issue with Tarty Bikes you should really contact them directly. Trials Forum and Tarty Bikes are not one of the same.

I don't really understand what this topic is trying to achieve...

• Like 1

Surely you expect something you've just bought to do the job its intended for though

you but if I've spent €5 for a bottle & then shipping, then I think I deserve to it to break. I mean can you really be that anal about what you drink from?

I am quite selective about what I drink out of yeah. Also i have a bunch of bike parts for sale if your interested. They're all broken but you can have them cheap so I guess it won't matter

• Like 1

Whenever I write yeah the forum converts it to you. And if you employed some reasoning which you seem incapable of doing, you'd understand what I was trying to say. But what can I expect from man who has the troll face as his profile pic.

Awhhhh dont cry now son!

You seemed to be fine to write 'Yeah' fine there. Also the 'Quote' button is there for a reason...

• Like 1

Does it matter if it's £1 or £1000 you expect what you buy to be fit for purpose

I agree, it's the principle of it. if you got a pub meal that cost a fiver and it was shite or not cooked right, you'd take it back wouldn't you? same principle