New Phone Contract - Mb Data Usage!

dann2707

What's this 'no tethering' thing mean?

Tethering is when you use your phone's data network and WiFi capability to provide the interwebz to other devices like laptops, tablets etc. To stop people taking the piss with usage (and to make it clear on the rules) GiffGaff operate a no tethering policy on their mobile sims.I do it occasionally and haven't had any problems but am sensible when using the WiFi hotspot on my phone.

• Like 1

Does your phone allow Xbox gaming? That's insane.

We have a BT homehub in our house but it's too far away from my room, I get 2 bars of 3G signal and can play hour long games of Bad Company 2 with no lag at all.

My GF is on the same plan, sim only for £15 per month. I think it's the only network where it is literally unlimited usage.

Tethering is when you use your phone's data network and WiFi capability to provide the interwebz to other devices like laptops, tablets etc. To stop people taking the piss with usage (and to make it clear on the rules) GiffGaff operate a no tethering policy on their mobile sims.I do it occasionally and haven't had any problems but am sensible when using the WiFi hotspot on my phone.

Thanks for that :) all makes sense now. I want a giffgaff sim!

Just got my GiffGaff SIM, just seen this in the signup process. If you reply to this within an hour I'll happily say you referred me and you'll get 200 payback points. :)

Have you been recommended by a member?

If a giffgaff member has recommended you, why not pop their member name here and give them 200 payback points? If not, leave it blank.

Just got my GiffGaff SIM, just seen this in the signup process. If you reply to this within an hour I'll happily say you referred me and you'll get 200 payback points. :)

Have you been recommended by a member?

If a giffgaff member has recommended you, why not pop their member name here and give them 200 payback points? If not, leave it blank.

Could you pop my name in there? Think its eddbmxdude :)

Last time I looked, it was unlimited as long as you didn't take the piss (pretty much thats what it boiled down to, and thats what the staff said). I've never had any issues, but only ever use it for facebook and stuff on my phone. well worth a tenner a month.

• Like 1

Used to be on t-mobile, i got signal most places as they use oranges signal as well. Customer Service was top notch for me aswell, phone got stolen so they sent out a new sim straight away and arrived it 2days free of charge with the same number ect all sorted ready to use unlike O2 who took 2 and a half weeks and sent 2 faulty sim cards then took 3days for them to sort that out and we still had to pay £8.

Yup, only thing that ties me to O2 is I get £125 credited onto my bill for plans over £25 a month. Got a few price plans in mind so will give them a ring tomorrow and see what can be done, if they fob me off I'll shift across!

Sorted it this morning, bit odd that I spoke to O2 and they literally couldn't change anything on the contracts to do me a deal no matter what the girl I spoke to tried so I upgraded through a 3rd party website and got free phones and cashback plus cashback for going via quidco. Result!

Wifes £26 for 300 mins, unltd texts and 100mb data with £80 credited back to bank after 90 days and I'm on 200 mins, unltd texts and 1gb data for £31 both with free phones.

Same plans direct through O2 would have me about £170 to pay for the phones up front