Jet Engine'd Astra ..just Dumped Its Loads In ..

alistair14

the car park 100 yards from my house ..heard a whistle ..didnt think much then thought a helicopter was there

looked over it was a f**king jet engined car spitting flames and banging like WW3 was taking place! Never heard something like it in my life and surly around 11pm ..neither has anyone else :L

This was the car ..and if im honest i wanna see more! haha

$(KGrHqR,!nwE9emDpB(cBPbc9+QBhg~~60_35.JPG

I'm guessing, because he wanted a jet engined car with the equivalent of 1000bhp?

That looks like it's just a standard car with a bin welded on the back with an engine that you can't possibly use practically on the roads (just imagine sitting behind it at some lights on your motorbike...).

Wonder what the insurance is like... Any modifications? Well, y'see...

Completely legal, you just can only use the normal engine to drive it anywhere. Drive to santa pod, anihilate everything (bearing in mind it has effectively 1000bhp and can use them all instead of relying on friction), then drive it home.

It's the ultimate track day car! If you want to drag race.

It's actually only equivalent to about 380bhp when you'd be in 4th. (and only about 180bhp off the line.)

Still a lot more than your average Astra, and pretty impressive just for the spectacle, so I'd say it's a pretty cool thing, and worth building, probably just one of those things that gets built just because they can, but a quick normal road car would dick it considering it must weigh a fair bit.

Its not gonna touch a proper funny car time also I'd have thought with no aero its gonna be downright dangerous with all that weight out back and relatively little over the front wheels?

All said and done its a pretty impressive technical achievement. That beetle in the states as I mentioned before is a much better job though

I'd still hazard a guess that it's pretty much pointless. Something with driven wheels will be half way down the 1/4 mile before it pulls away. Where's the fun with drag anyway?

Have you ever seen a jet car go up a drag strip? :blink:

Have you ever seen a jet car go up a drag strip? :blink:

Yup, and that jet lorry thing as well- very impressive. Kind of half arsed attempt like the astra just seem a bit daft. Judging by the size of the air intake it won't be able to breathe properly anyway and the fact there are no youtube videos of it actually moving (let alone at Santa Pod) makes me think that maybe it doesn't really work as a propulsive device. Would like to see some footage of it actually going.

Yup, and that jet lorry thing as well- very impressive. Kind of half arsed attempt like the astra just seem a bit daft. Judging by the size of the air intake it won't be able to breathe properly anyway and the fact there are no youtube videos of it actually moving (let alone at Santa Pod) makes me think that maybe it doesn't really work as a propulsive device. Would like to see some footage of it actually going.

i wouldnt say it was a half ass attempt to be honest ..it works and its blooody amazing, i think it actually runs down the drag strip ..just never seen it down there

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually the owner of this car , I'm not into bikes but happened across this by chance. To answer the questions in this post, the car was built for a laugh that's why it looks crap, no more money than necessary was spent on it. It does work and makes about 600lbs of thrust + another 300-400lbs with the afterburner, this is roughly equilivant of 500-600bhp so it can move , but is nothing compared to the 6000lbs thrust jet car at santapod and was never meant to be ( as I dont have £100,000 to spend on it !) .

The afterburner wont stay lit properly which is why I was testing it - but I didnt expect it to be heard as far away as it was ...

I asked just under £8000 for it to see if there was any interest but expected offers of half that. its worth £2500 scrap!

• Like 1