Inspired Fourplay In Comps?

isitafox

probably would work to be honest it just wouldnt be great. John Shrewsburry rode his Hex and the British Champs last year and didnt do too bad i dont think. Me and a few mates thought that it would be fun to enter a comp with our street bikes and i was planning on changing the bars to flats and switching to platform pedals and some knobbly tires.

With the sort of stuff you usually have to do in Blue route I reckon a 24" would probably be better than a 20". Seems to generally just be low-level tech kinda stuff, so with bigger wheels you can roll more and get away with more. On mods it's always fiddly and toss. If you've got a 26" then I guess you're quids in, but the 24" will still probably roll better.

Plus it'll be more fun ;)

Doesn't matter what you're riding on to be honest, your style of riding and the style of bike just dictates how you get over obstacles IMO. Coming from a motorbike trials background I always found I felt "smoother" on natural sections on my Koxx Cheat Code (complete with BB drop) than I did on my Simtra ST-1.

All sounds good, I asked as I'm struggling switching between two bikes an its a pain as the sheds full.

Would be easier to have one bike that I could stick brakes on for comps and ride brakeless otherwise.

The next Tyke Trial round is brimham which has the fun day on the Saturday so could test the zoot out there and then go back to the stock if you dont feel comfy on it for the actual comp on the Sunday!

There needs to be some sort of Flat Bar Amnesty where everyone who still has or uses a pair of flat bars can send them in and have them 'disposed of' for free.

Flat bars have no place in the modern world.

• Like 6

Think I'm gonna end up selling my echo and the zoot frame and buy either a fourplay or marino with a spare set of wheels with some discs fitted then I can bung them on for comps. I feel that is the way forward for me currently

• Like 1

There needs to be some sort of Flat Bar Amnesty where everyone who still has or uses a pair of flat bars can send them in and have them 'disposed of' for free.

Flat bars have no place in the modern world.

Thanks for that Mark, shows how long I've been out of the 'propper' trials game I assumed they were still used and acceptable if you were a compy kinda person.

Thanks for that Mark, shows how long I've been out of the 'propper' trials game I assumed they were still used and acceptable if you were a compy kinda person.

With the amount people roll their bars forwards now they're probably not really much different to just using flat bars, but yeah, no-one really makes them any more because risers are better in every respect (Y)