The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

• 3 weeks later...

My old chain and sprockets on my trials bike were so worn out that the teeth started cracking and snapping off the rear sprocket. When I replaced them it seemed like it was making twice as much power! Never realised how much power a worn chain and sprockets can sap.

• Like 1

Mmm zzr600E. That's what I'm looking for at the mo. What did you get that for? if you don't mind me asking?

Ben

£850.

But it's a Cat D. It was dropped by the previous owner so had fairing damage. Also seems to be an import, as there is no hazard light switch and when I'm riding at night I can see MPH and KPH at the same time.

Now that I'm used to it, it's proper fun on the B roads.

• 2 weeks later...

Dug the ccm out of the shed today, washed her down, got most of it shiny ish again (love the anodising on excel rims!) She fired up and ran sweet as a nut second kick :)

Need to rebuild the capacitor pack tomorrow at work, give her a good service and find a friendly local mot place who doesn't mind 150dB exhausts :D

Sorted my niggling electrical problem, traced it down to a bad earth on the rectifier, I'm one step closer to getting back on the road!

Phoned up Carol Nash to sort out insurance and found out that because I had let the policy lapse for typo long I've lost my accrued no claims, all 11 years of it :(

The renewal with all mods declared comes in at 360 quid so not the end of the world, annoyed to have lost it though; used to be that the ncb started decreasing after 2 years lapse, now it's wiped completely :(

Decided to get another quote for insuring the supermoto so rang up mce, quoted me 180 quid tpft using zero ncb so I can't really complain! :)

Still gutted about losing 11 years but for 15 quid a month to insure a vehicle more mental than 99% of things on the road it's not too bad.

• Like 1

RightHo then chaps, er6 is overheating / baking its coolant pretty quick, Its ok when your on the move (however i feel its running abit hot) but as soon as i ride slow & stop start traffic, My Engine gets sssooo hot, I have started getting my coolant heat light on, On several occasions its pissed out the overflow pipe when i stop.

Any ideas?

Going to test the thermostat on the weekend, Iv read that the radiator caps can cause this on the er6's, but there £30 a time and not 100% its that.