The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

I know this thread is for people who are really into photography but I thought i'd post this pic I took of a cat the other day with my phone. Was just a random point and shoot but I really like it, especially the fur at the top of her head.

8453293009_77d12ed9f5_b.jpg

Edited by dann2707

where do you get your film developed? do you get the images on a disk or have you scanned them in yourself?

Joe

I finished uni in Bournemouth last year where I could develop for free so it's become a bit of a ballache to be honest. I sometimes go down there, sneak in and do a load of films that I've been mounting up.

Those films up there though were developed at Snappy Snaps, I get develop only (fiver odd I think) and then scan them myself on an Epsom 4490. Decent, cheap scanner that's fine for web use and small prints. I use that for all my scans but then if it's for print or something I'll normally just use it to whittle down what I want to get scanned professionally. I also found this place Photo Express. It's apparantly pretty decent, but I'm still wary of sending films by post to somewhere like that so haven't used it yet. I plan to use them for snapshot films that aren't important and test it all out though, at £2 for dev only it would make life much cheaper.

Speaking of which, I just got some films developed from a shoot in Fabric Nightclub back in December. That place has a ridiculously strict photo policy and very few get to take a proper camera in, my D200 broke the day before so I shot it all on film which in a nightclub like that is a NIGHTMARE, but to say I'm excited about the results would be an understatement!

Edited by Max Quinn
  • Like 1

Walimex/samyang 8mm. Thanks also!

Had a feeling it might be! I am thinking of picking one up, but on full-frame the hood shows up in the frame quite badly, but for an APS-C fisheye it's seems to be the best option without going for the Canon 8-15 L :( How do you rate the Samyang though?

Had a feeling it might be! I am thinking of picking one up, but on full-frame the hood shows up in the frame quite badly, but for an APS-C fisheye it's seems to be the best option without going for the Canon 8-15 L :( How do you rate the Samyang though?

Best Value for money fisheye out there for cropped bodies it would be a good idea to go for one. Theyre super fun,well made and sharp. ( I have dropped it once or twice)

Edited by max-t

When I had a Samyang I was quite impressed with it. I found I could never get it to be that sharp though to be honest, though I'm comparing it to £600+ Nikon lenses I guess.

It was £180 new back then so was definitely worth it, though I think they're more pricey now. I really want a Nikon fisheye but I can't afford it at the moment.