Ashton Effect Bb Size?

trials hoe

so I got an ashton effect frame (cheers murph82) and I remember reading on tarty's description that a 68mm shell bb will fit ( I think it said 73mm bb accepts a 68mm ) , has anyone tried this? it measures 73mm and surley if a 68mm was fitted it would be offset to the drive side of the bike? if that makes sence.

any help?

cheers

Your right, it fits 73mm and 68mm bottom brackets. I've always run a 68mm BB in my Effect and the non drive side cup sits inside the frame quite a bit, so yeah it is offset to the drive side, but it feels no different when your riding (Y)

Your right, it fits 73mm and 68mm bottom brackets. I've always run a 68mm BB in my Effect and the non drive side cup sits inside the frame quite a bit, so yeah it is offset to the drive side, but it feels no different when your riding (Y)

music to my ears,

cheers

• 7 months later...

No, just the standard 68mm intended Onza BB. And it's actually the 119mm model that I've been using, don't know where I got 118 from. Think I'll go for a 122.5mm/68mm Shimano UN-26 next time to gain a bit of extra clearance..