The Car Thread

MadManMike

Not Niki, Kevin at Jabbasport.

One of two things are going to happen; adapter availability depending I'll either change the ECU for one of these - http://rrrshop.co.uk/ecumaster-emu-1-p.asp

Or I'll keep the ME3.8 and it'll drive like all DBW 1.8t's do, on or off haha.

On the 10th (Pay after delivery) I'll buy the seat frame for the Clubsports and a set of harnesses so I can get those fitted.

I've got to fit new engine mounts, fit the rear camber shims, polybush the front arms and bleed the brakes again and fit a 7'' servo between now and the 30th.

Lots to do :)

Sounds good. May come along anyway ;)

I just want a working car haha. Being away and half the people selling stuff online being retards is making my life awkward. Hopefully get things finally done this week or so. Fingers crossed it's not the turbo, but if it is then it's as good an excuse to play as any :-

• Like 2

:bow:

Trademark blunt Jardo haha

Oh and in car news, I just bought a new carpet for my boot. A day of soaking up oil in salt and it still feels as oily as it did at the start... Can't be bothered with it.

And I bought a load of Magnatec to replace the stuff I've spent all day cleaning up.

The most annoying part is that it's obviously my fault for not doing the bottle up properly!

• Like 1

Had a fun day with Matty fitting his induction kit, some fog light blanks and a number plate relocating bracket to his Type R. All went swimmingly, then came to adjust my gear linkage as it won't select first or reverse due to the lift up reverse bit being in the way, adjust it fine and boom...

Oh dear @Haz

Did a bit to my car today. Replaced the thermostat as it's overcooling, i suspected it had a stat from a petrol engine. it didnt, the old one was just f**ked!

Glad i did it, notised this:

post-36867-0-24658200-1428169604_thumb.j

all cleaned out:

post-36867-0-18409900-1428169612_thumb.j

Warning light works!

post-36867-0-14555400-1428169623_thumb.j

Running at the correct temperature now!

post-36867-0-56952100-1428169635_thumb.j

Also made a socket for lenso's hub caps for a mate:

post-36867-0-55310900-1428169648_thumb.j

Would anyone be wanting any custom parts made up for cash. Just thinking of a cheeky wee side job to my normal. Me and a pal are currently making a drive shaft for a vauxhall nova. Its all turned ready for me to mill the splines on then we have some1 with a 500bhp nova willing to test it out. I see on loads of car forums parts been custom made with alot of interest. Cnc turned and cnc milled of course so will be if high quality?

• Like 1

Changed the oil and the filter in the car

as it turned out the car had 20W-50 instead of xW-40 oil.. anyway it has the proper oil now

I have been told to not to spend to much on the car as it does not worth it, use it for my Bonus then try to sell it as it will not do too many more miles

Happy days.

So airfilter changed, oil and filter changed, next step will be sealing up the brake pedal, as it is leaking heavily when it is raining

Morning, last night I noticed when I've pulled up into a car park my car the engine top/head (I think) is making a weird tapping/popping noise, I did top the engine up with a little bit of oil earlier this evening.

Video:

What could it be, spark plugs screwed?

Out cruising around in the Golf to meet my dad for lunch prior to internally mounting the gear shifter.

I really do like this thing, even if it is terrifying.

Now that there is no weight in the back it moves about a fair bit, and I'm used to driving the S3 down back roads flat out knowing that it won't ever get out of shape.

Driving a turbo Mk2 Golf is so different, nowhere near as fast but easily more dangerous.

You have to scan the road ahead for any change in surface, undulation or potential hazard and decide if the car will make it through with any speed.

It's funny.

I probably should have started with something like this to learn how to drive properly.

Good fun though. :)

• Like 1

20150405_153737_zpsqucgudat.jpg

20150405_153802_zpso2njeyjg.jpg

2 updated pics of how the car is at the moment. Not had much time to tinker with it but still no indicators but i now realise nothing on the harness like my heater buttons are getting power also. Anyways its booked in to get sorted.

Next on the cards.

New front window

Put dash back in ( not sure if road legal how it is?

4 new tyres

New brake pads

Quick release system

Just want to drive it really not been used much the 4 months i have had it. Summers neary here though almost 20 degrees today :)