The Car Thread

MadManMike

In Australia/Hilux/camper news, bed is amongst the comfiest beds ever, just not a deal of headroom.

And I'm stuck in a little place called Walpole in the south west while the car gets a new front crank oil seal and cambelt (may aswell while they're there) after it dropped all its oil on the car park of a very picturesque treetop walk place 20km away.

f**king lucky given that we were about 250km from any proper town a couple of days ago!

Braced for a meaty, meaty garage bill :(

Yesterday I washed the car in the lorry yard, proper hot foam and water for free, she was a beauty

Drove home, it was sunny, sunroof open, music blasting proper fun

but

got a £10 FM transmitter off a local shop, and it works but really weak. I will look for a 12V plug at the rear , but if there is non then I pry it open, study it then boost the signal somehow, not too worried there

This morning I started the car, the oil lamp flashed for a brief moment, then the car did not start, but there was no signals...

Took out the key, waited 30s, and it started. Then the fuel was low (thanks mum!) and I needed to go and fuel it, so I am late to work

I will go home, and check the oil. if it is not at the top, ill be pretty angry, as I topped it up last week.

Also it is a cheap oil (20W-40 or something) so next weekend we will change the oil for a proper one and the oil filter.

And no matter how hard you tried to convince me, I will change the rims over time, for a nice white one. Not sure about lowering though, as the car looks okay, and can be driven everywhere, and I do intend to drive it

Corsas are known for burning oil when they reach a higher mileage. Or before if not looked after.

just checked the oil, it still has loads in there.

On the weekend ill change to oil and filter for good ones, should help .

Replacing the numberplate on my race car. :P

20150322_113334.jpg

Got some jobs to do, like it has a blown CV boot and the sunroof leaks, but not a fat lot of money to spend. Pretty happy with it haha.

No joke if you need any bits I'll be breaking one of my Micras in the near future.

No joke if you need any bits I'll be breaking one of my Micras in the near future.

Sunroof seal (the foam glass one but also the inner would be good if you have it) and the heater fan resister card if your fan control works? Mine only works on 4 (so fans are on full or off). :)

Ace cheers, apparently they can be fixed but only as a temporary thing.

Both though? Mine has got 4 I think... It's got 4 vents in the dash anyway. :lol:

How much do you want for it?

Both as in they each work in both cars :P

£20? I know they're a fortune from Nissan/Factors so it seems fair

Are you wanting the solely the card or motor too? If it's the card I'd do it for postage cost, no use to me :)

Edited by SamKidney

I'd be buying a complete, ready built, all the work done car.

Why waste loads of money doing something you can already buy completed for less than the cost of a reliable conversion?

Gone completely off the MX5 idea now - I'm after something a little more outrageous/quarter life crisis.

I really want a Skyline.

• Like 1

Busy week ahead

Current Micra is to be welded, despite the mammoth task it may be. Remainder of interior to be ripped out and all steam cleaned.

Second Micra to have its welding finished with a view of both being ready for MOT late this week/early next week.

Tyres to order, both to service and a CV joint to fit to one of them too. Machine polish and wax, source and fit new door locks and ignition barrel.

Plan is to sell one and keep the other, and I may have acquired a 3rd..

Edited by SamKidney