The Car Thread

MadManMike

Also, 318's aren't even particularly great at drifting. It's what all my friend's have moved into and they all got BMW's. I think the lowest spec one was always a 320, and they all went to 325's and now in Skyline/200's. They alight to start in, but you only really have the power to get the back out in the wet which is a shame.

Nice cars though for 400 pound, crazy how much they've come down. Welder, some springs and z3 top mounts and you can pretty much enjoy the wet straight out the bat.

Actually I tell a lie, she is.

Diet, I got two half decent linked skids out of it in the dry yesterday. Just depends how lethal you are with the clutch kicks. Most people can't get them sideways because they are flids and put 18" G* wheels on them etc.

16's, 45ps and a heroic clutch kick ***.

Edited by Pashley26

Girlfriend had her car written off, 52 reg clio, other drivers fault, his insurance is offering £1310. She disputed it and got another offer of £1350 and is still disputing, they are saying that due to two small scratches the car is worth £300 less (rest of the car is perfect), even though it's a write off and is being scrapped, apparently that is taken into account. I'm next to clueless when it comes to cars, anyone had a similar situation or suggestions of cards to play? Any help to cheer her up would be useful. Preferably car help....

To those interested, I superglued a piece of scrap metal onto the cigarette lighter and gave it two hours to cure. Then the lighter just pulled out :)

Win. Gotta test if the actual socket works now, but either way it's got the lighter out...

Like I said Jardo, I don't give a crap how often you change car, fair play, I really don't care, I know people who get through many more cars than you, the trouble is every time you decide that your current car is the best thing ever, and you'll never get rid of it, and it's always the best example of the car possible... etc.. It just gets very boring, very quickly.

BMW looks like a laugh, the 318is is an alright little car, half decent on fuel too from friends experiences. If you wrap it around a lamp-post trying to be captain-sideways can I have the remains? I'm after a scrap (or just scrap money) e36 for some development work sometime soon! ;) You going to SOS again anytime soon?

Good times on the Clio, except is that taking into account the money you spent on mods?

I can't remember if they're the 1st or 2nd Wednesday of the month, and they're pretty slow updating the facebook page, I was kind of hoping you'd know haha, it's sometime next month anyway.

Yeah a friend of mine and I are going, I presume you are? Looks interesting yeah, I'm always up for new shows that are local.

I was asked to arrange a club stand for Clio-Sport but Vospers have a stand there anyway so will go that way I think.

Know anybody with any BMW wheels?

im selling my e46 style 32 18s with 4 Nankang NS2 tyres fitted less than 1000miles ago.

£300 + postage.

but you dont want 18s cos theyre shit.

so try trampdrift forums. Jeek (the legend) is always breaking e36/e30 high spec stuff with decent wheels at tramp prices.

on a side note my car is built back up apart from a door handle thats been lost. pics on FB but i cant get photobucket to upload them with my crap Jordanian dongle.

Looking good that (Y)

My car is apparently ready, got the bill and I'm absolutely stoked at how low it is, especially considering how much of a pain in the arse I was demanding a factory finish on custom mods. I was going to go and fight for every penny due to all the delays but now such an approach just seems wrong. So now it's time to get a trailer, take the car to have an MOT and then register it.

Edited by Greetings