The Car Thread

MadManMike

Are they any good? Was considering them for the E38 but then got B12's instead in fear that FK's would be too hard.

After a weekend of rolling round on them I'd thoroughly recommend them.

They've transformed the car. Hardly any body roll, corners like it on rails an still comfy enough for everyday use. I'd compare the ride to something of a sporty hatch, feels a similar ride to the civic type r my sister used to have.

There's miles of thread if going lows your thing. I've dropped the back down about 3" an still got 2" of thread left on the back, similar story on the front too.

Awesome, I'll get a bottle of that next week then :D

It's far too easy to speed in this car, I get to the speed limit quickly without even meaning to!

When you put it in take it up to the redline regularly when the engine has warmed up. Gives it a chance for it to work at its optimum.

And totally know what you mean, read some news article about it being quite a high percentage of diesel cars are more likely to speed than petrol. cos all that sexy power is low down and readily available. I love derrrrrvvvsss!!

More misfire talk from me.

It seems like it only misfires when I start the car up when it's hot.

The error codes for the injector circuit and misfire show up at the same time.

It doesn't seem to be able to transition between misfiring and normal operation without turning the engine off.

The coolant was low so I've topped it up with water to the right level. It doesn't make sense to be related.

Edited by Revolver

After a weekend of rolling round on them I'd thoroughly recommend them.

They've transformed the car. Hardly any body roll, corners like it on rails an still comfy enough for everyday use. I'd compare the ride to something of a sporty hatch, feels a similar ride to the civic type r my sister used to have.

Good to know, might want a set if I ever end up with another daily driver I want to lower. Which model are they?

The row I had regarding the M3 has really got things going. Their motivation to work has lasted through the weekend as well. Today I was pleasantly surprised by an almost installed engine and big progress with the interior. Sorry for the city pics.

imag0222m.jpg

imag0225il.jpg

Weird central locking issue, can anyone help??

In my Leon I use a normal key (ie, not remote). Today I locked the car whilst my g/f still had her door open. Now that door won't respond to the central locking at all, using the key or the buttons on the inside of the door.

It can be manually locked / unlocked, but not central...

Any ideas?

Good to know, might want a set if I ever end up with another daily driver I want to lower. Which model are they?

They're highsports. The rides getting firmer as its settling down but its still not harsh. M3 looks fantastic man, really looking foward to seeing some more of your drift videos in that!

Why? I dont understand this latest obsession.....

Nor do I, it's strange I just want one.

I got a lift in one the other day and it was pretty swish, and I keep seeing a championship white ITR which is slammed on it's bum with some red Recaro's in it and it is awesome.

Maybe I am like mentally addicted to buying cars.

Thanks Dan, I love the Clio. I am not bored of it or anything and don't want to sell it yet. I am just looking to the future.

This is my current inspiration -

dc2-honda-integra-type-r-21.jpg

They are said to be one of the best handling FWD cars ever made, and I love 90's cars. Never had a Honda before and the Jap scene is something I have never ventured into. I've done French, Italian, German, Swedish, Euro/English so why not give Jap a go next year. :)

That champs with red recaro's belongs to a former mechanic at vospers called Adam I think. And yes its very nice. Two of my mates have just got intergras and are now hooked, very happy with them!

Guy called Luke? I work with him, he had his Civic written off the other day :(

Wether a car s good or not does not bear and relevence to it's price, some of the best cars you can buy cost less than 4K. I had more fun in my £500 220 Turbo than I ever did in bigger more expensive cars.

Nor do I, it's strange I just want one.

I got a lift in one the other day and it was pretty swish, and I keep seeing a championship white ITR which is slammed on it's bum with some red Recaro's in it and it is awesome.

Maybe I am like mentally addicted to buying cars.

If it's on white Rays Volks that's my mate Ricky's, work with him. It's ridiculously low! If you're getting a DC2 get an import with the rectangular lights.

Honda_Integra_Type-R_DB8_(98_spec)_492dac3954f26.jpg

Edited by craigjames