The Car Thread

MadManMike

Good choice of oil :)

Yeah, had a drive in my friends M3 with that oil in the transmission and the gear changes were smooth as silk. Shame about the price though, like my friend said it costs more than a gearbox for an E36 :P

Love the green wheel :teehee:

It's fabulous isn't it :P And there's another green wheel on the other side!

My row definitely helped get things done. The engine would have been in today if they didn't have to re-make all the brake lines which were rotting away. Also my dashboard is flocked :)

imag0205t.jpg

imag0206bn.jpg

imag0207l.jpg

It's fabulous isn't it :P And there's another green wheel on the other side!

My row definitely helped get things done. The engine would have been in today if they didn't have to re-make all the brake lines which were rotting away. Also my dashboard is flocked :)

imag0205t.jpg

Haha AWESOME!

Loving the flocked dash. I'm sure someone on here used to do that? Always liked the look of it.

Did I see you in Newark last Sunday Alan??

Gotta love a friend with a lift an air tools...

IMAG0458.jpg

End result...

IMAG0459.jpg

About 50mm of thread left front an back, digging it!

Gonna leave it to settle then wind it down abit more an get the geometry setup. Awesome. Rides really nice too suprisingly! Feels 'sporty'.

• Like 2

In related new I live about 3 miles from Millers Oils and used to word about 30 seconds away from RS Tuning in Leeds depending on what car they decided to fly up the quality stretch of back road in which it is based. They seem to be pretty keen on the Clio / Megane scene from what used to come past on a Saturday afternoon. They also did some work on a mental blue Tigra that sounded like it would be ready to die every time it came past. Paul bought a fair bit of kit from us and seems to be a fairly decent guy to happy days!

[media=]

That's my annual contribution to the forum as I simply have nothing else to say but enjoy reading...

Yeah..He's a dirt barman now!

Also in true stalkerish fashion, heres a photo of his car I took today around 2.30 behind the place next door to the place he works in..

Psycho, and I'm a bar supervisor anyway, they pay me 12p more than minimum wage :lol:

In the flesh it is absolutely brutal and sounds it too. It's a fair while ago but they spent a day or so launching it up and down the road before they properly took it out. About a week later the guy from RS Tuning came in to where I used to work n seemed pretty pleased with his handy work. From what I remember they have an Evo 5 that they were also trying to get full beans out of and Paul had a caged megane that was also pretty stupid...

Edited by GaZaa

Looks really nice man! Nice purchase.

If you're wanting to improve mpg and clear out all the crap thats built up in the fuel line/ injectors i'd 10000% recommend putting a bottle of this in the tank when you have a 1/4 tank left.

Link

Did my car no end of goody goodness.

• Like 2

Does anyone on here know something about the W211 E-Class Benz? What's it like in terms of reliability? I've heard horror stories about MB's quality dropping significantly at the beginning of this decade? I've been thinking for the last few months about replacing my E38 with something newer next year, prefarably smaller and more brutal. Considering a 535d, 335i convertible (could be slightly out of my price range) and an E55 which I cannot find any solid info about apart from that the fuel consumption is remarkably good?

Looks really nice man! Nice purchase.

If you're wanting to improve mpg and clear out all the crap thats built up in the fuel line/ injectors i'd 10000% recommend putting a bottle of this in the tank when you have a 1/4 tank left.

Link

Did my car no end of goody goodness.

Awesome, I'll get a bottle of that next week then :D

It's far too easy to speed in this car, I get to the speed limit quickly without even meaning to!

• Like 1