The Car Thread

MadManMike

Cleaned its inside completely today, too some stickers off(started getting dark) and put the splitter back on.
And reconnected the Central locking:
Now its only happened once today just before i walked home from it, the drivers side indicators all stayed on, only disconnecting the C-L turned them off and then it was fine. Anyone got any ideas what's up with that?

Cleaned its inside completely today, too some stickers off(started getting dark) and put the splitter back on.

And reconnected the Central locking:

Now its only happened once today just before i walked home from it, the drivers side indicators all stayed on, only disconnecting the C-L turned them off and then it was fine. Anyone got any ideas what's up with that?

S'broken.

Check the wiring to the central locking :) Is it factory or aftermarket stuff?

Edited by Jolfa

I think its standard i have the original ad and it states it then so i rekon so.
Well it was fine until i found a cable dangling loose from above my pedals that went into my door, me being me pulled it out with little effort and taped the ends up and left it at that but then this happened :/.
Might take the card off tomorrow and take a proper look to where they went.
The chap who i bought it off did say thats happened to him before, hence why he had it disconnected.

Well I've sorted some wheels out. Got a set of 4 15" BBS RZ (BMW E30 wheels) being dropped at my brothers place tomorrow morning. £100 including tyres (federals with loads of tread). They need a re-spray but I thought that seemed more than fair price wise. Just need to hope work can collect them during a delivery to London they said they'd be making soon, if not then it'll be a good excuse to go and see my brother.

I'm thinking of painting them with red spokes and a polished lip. Should look good I think, I did like the red Porsche wheels I used to have on it. Plus as it starts getting more track orientated I can make the red a bit of a theme, roll cage, random brackets and things like that.

• Like 2

Lol...I've worked at that guys place before. He's a multi millionaire who has LOADS of London estate agents. He owns a place called Heveningham Hall in Suffolk. He has at least 10 Ferraris, a Hummer H1, loads of speed boats, quad bikes etc etc. The bloke is LOADED, and doesn't give a shit about anything.

He keeps buying land around the area, just because he doesn't want anybody else to have it, or build on it, haha.

Sell me your old wheels?

The Revo RFX's look shite on a VW because of Vaxhall offset, plus they're not mine, and the Azev A replicas are cool, but 2 are really quite badly bent (hence why I'm changing). So yeah, unfortunately I don't really have any old wheels to sell you :(

Collecting the new ones from my brothers place in London at the weekend. The guy I bought them off dropped them there, so collecting them saves me the postage cost, which basically means a free trip up to my brothers. Good times.

• Like 1

Changing the engine would be by far the cheapest way to get a noticable increase in power. What engine is it standard? 2.0 8v if I'm remembering right? If so there's not all that much to do for cheap, tuning N/A engines is an expensive game unless there's easily resolved design flaws, unless it's already the most powerful engine they offered, then it's pretty much always cheaper to just change the engine than gain even 15 or so bhp.

loving the MK3 golf wagon here, bodywork is pretty tidy, PD swap? good on fuel and got a bit of punch when you need it on road conditions...

so I've spent fair amount of money on my MK4 wagon this week...

New Pagid disc and pads all round as it was warped when I got it.

2x new tyres, Falken something something something... (1x almost illegal, 1x inner sidewalls getting shredded by coil adjuster - leds us to the next point)

front 15mm hubcentric spacers (opted for long bolt option...)

rear mtec 20mm hubcentric spacers (same as above)

and couple of things that wasn't essential but will annoy me no doubt if not replaced soon...

headlight was cracked so picked up a set for £20 and whilst new light fitted new bulbs will also go in...

Osram (or "I lik da poo" in polish or something...) Nightbreaker Plus dipped

Osram cool blues sidelights to match

Goldvision yellow fogs (don't ask)

and a pair of Bosch Aerotwins as wipers were knackered.

payday certainly needs to be sooner to cover these expenses... >_<

Steve

• Like 1

I don't expect anybody on here to want them, but my wheels are for sale if you could spread the word please.

859114_10151700315215130_360911927_o.jpg

17x7.5j S4 Avus replicas in 5x100 and 5x110 multistud fitment.

A truly once in a lifetime opportunity, I have never seen another set of these and nor has anybody else who has seen them, let alone for sale.

There is a very slight curb on one wheel which is roughly 2" long. Unless I pointed it out you wouldn't notice with tires fitted.

Front have 1000 mile old 215/45 T1R's and the rears have FK452's which are two mm on the inside and 4mm outside due to camber.

£500 with brand new Audi center caps (old ones were stolen and ebay ones are fitted) or £450 without.

Edited by Pashley26